Become a Beauty Educator!
Our Instructor Training the program can teach you how to teach … and more!
Whether your goal is to be a company trainer, a product educator, beauty school instructor, or a more effective leader, the Instructor Training Program can give you the foundation to effective teach and coach others to success. The teaching curriculum, coupled with a focus on leadership development, will help you grow to become the best teacher that you can be.
Our 600 Clock hour program has an option where we can credit up to 300 hours for work experience! Based on your work experience credit, your training could completed by attending the program 2 days a week for approximately 16 weeks.
Benefits of the Beauty Student Instructor program:
Our program provides an opportunity for you to pass your skills onto others passionate about the beauty industry, prepare you to pass the state board examination and gain an entry-level instructor position in the cosmetology industry.
You can also gain:
- Basic teaching skills and educational judgments
- Proper work habits and classroom instruction
- Course development and lesson planning
- Teaching methodology and aids
- Theory teaching and classroom management
- Testing and student evaluation
- Clinic supervision and hands-on training from dedicated professionals
And much more!
Graduates of our Student Instructor program have gone on to become:
- Corporate Salon and Spa Trainers
- School Directors
- Education consultants
- School administrators
- Product representatives
- State board members/examiners
Many of our most successful educators share that they have been thinking about doing this for years before taking a leap. Why be teacher?
Here are 10 Reasons:
“10 Reasons to be a Teacher*”
- To Make a Difference: when a person’s life has been altered positively because of you, you can feel proud because you’ve made a difference
- To Ignite the Fire: Pass on your passion to your students and watch their curiosity catch fire
- To Find Success: Watching students succeed at simple or complex tasks is an experience you can be part of every day. Every student has the opportunity to succeed, no matter how small the goal.
- To Affect the Future: Influence the next generation by sharing your knowledge. You are the leader of the classroom, and with that power comes responsibility and opportunity to shape minds and ideas.
- To be Global: Help other find beauty and respect for diversity.
- To Continue to Learn: You will never learn a topic better than when you start teaching it.
- To Have Time with Family and Friends: Although teaching requires both time in and out of the classroom, it allows you consistency in scheduling and planning.
- To Have Job Security: Good teachers are a scarce commodity. Once you have proven yourself, opportunities are there. Outside of traditional education, there is advance education, corporate training, state testing, etc.
- To Be part of something Bigger: Teaching allows you to be part of something bigger than who you are, as you are a member of profession that instills skills, values and the ability to dream
- To be Compensated: Teaching is not a get rich profession, but is competitive. However, as a teacher, you are compensated in more ways than just financial. You have such incredible influence and impact.
* Credit: Teaching Community: Evergreen Educator Interval Survey and Jill Hare author “10 Reasons to Become a Teacher” by Melissa Kelly, Secondary Educating Expert
Accreditation & Licenses
- Approved by the Better Business Bureau
- Licensed and approved by the Washington State Board of Cosmetology
- Nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Careers Art & Sciences (NACCAS)
- Licensed and approved by Workforce Training and Education Coordination Board under Chapter 28C.10
- Licensed and approved by Washington State Department of Health
- Make-Up Designory (MUD) Partner School
- Murad MD Partnership School
- NewVue Plastic Surgery
- Nuts & Bolts Business & Development Training Partner School
- OPI Partnership School
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Northwest Career Colleges Federation (NCCF)
- American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS)
- Associated Skincare Professionals (ASCP)
- Family Business Institute at Seattle University (FBI)
- Seattle University Family Business Exchange
- American Association of Cosmetology Schools Award: “Director of the Year” – Board of Directors, 2015
- Modern Salon Excellence in Education Awards:
- Seattle Business Magazine Awards:
- Nuts & Bolts Business Training Company Awards:
- “School of the Year”, 2013
- “Expansion Award”, 2010
- Puget Sound Business Journal Awards:
- “Largest Female Minority Owned Businesses in Washington State” – Top 50, 2013
- “Fastest Growing Minority Owned Business in Washington State” – #22, 2012
- University of Washington Foster School of Business Award: “Fastest Growing Minority Owned Businesses in Washington State” – Top 25 Finalist, 2012
- Featured in Nail Pro Magazine 2010, 2011, 2012
- Reign of Style – 1st Place, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Washington & Oregon Hair & Make-up School Competition: “Student Day of Success Competition” – 3rd place, 2008, 1st Place, 2009, 2010
- Best of Everett Businesses – winner, “School Category” 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Fantasy Student Competition – 2nd Place 2008
- Greater Everett Business & Professional Women – Business of the year, Winner, 2007
- Supercuts Superstyle – 1st Place, 1999
Student Awards & Accomplishments
- Esthetician International Business Student of the Year – 1st Place, 2014
- Cosmetologist International Business Student of the Year – 1st Place, 2011, 2015
- 10 International Business Student of the Year Top 3 Placers in Esthetics
- 7 International Business Student of the Year Top 3 Placers in Cosmetology
- 32 Student Day of Success Hair & Make-Up Competition Top 3 Placers
- 10 Northwest Nail Retreat Top 3 Placers
- Host one of the Largest Student Run Fashion Show called “Imagine” in Washington State since 2009
- Nail Pro Magazine featured editorial work
- Modern Salon Magazine Finalist Student Culture Video 2011
Nuts and Bolts Business Training
“It Takes More Than Just Great Technical Training to be Successful in the Beauty Industry!”
A majority of your success will be based on the skills you develop personally and professionally. Graduate with skills that will help you to be immediately successful! We feature an internationally recognized business training program in order to teach our future professionals how to manage a fulfilling, profitable, and growing business.
Build Clientele, Make Money, and Succeed
Evergreen Beauty College was the first school in Washington State to partner with Nuts and Bolts, one of the most respected business training programs in the industry. This professional development program is designed to integrate personal, technical, and traditional business skill sets so that students can more effectively make money, build clientele, and succeed as professionals. A Nuts and Bolts school is a member of an elite group striving to deliver the most complete educational experience possible for their students. It is absolutely vital that your education includes real-world training that will prepare you for success when you graduate and enter the workplace. Having a business-training program of this caliber in a school’s curriculum provides students with a competitive edge, and should always be considered when deciding where to start your career. Check out the above video and learn more at the NAB Lounge.
Take a Look if Any of These Topics Below Interest You in our Business Program Curriculum
- Knowing Your Numbers & Speaking with a Professional Vocabulary
- Analyzing Sale Summary Reports to Benefit Your Business
- How to Build Your Business
- How to Retail Successfully (Not in a Pushy Way)
- Getting Comfortable Being Uncomfortable
- Not Only Change, But The Rate Of Change
- Developing Your Perfect Clients
- Marketing & Promotions
- Creating a “WOW” Customer Experience
- Connecting and Communicating with Your Clients!
- Managing Your Finances
- Creating Your Personal Road Map
- Balancing It All: Work, Home, Family
Nab Link – The New Way for Employers to Find You
Exclusive to only Nuts and Bolts member schools, whose students are certified through their business program, NaB Link is a powerful tool designed to let Salon & Spa professionals know what Nuts & Bolts students are all about. This tool allows the students of exclusive schools such as Evergreen the ability to create online profiles and portfolios that are open to salon and spas to hire from. Have a peek at this nationwide employment resource by visiting NAB Training.
Features & Benefits of Business Training Program
- To help students at Evergreen Beauty College have an edge over the rest of the industry and be able to hit the ground running even before graduation.
- A unique combination of online video presentations, lectures and interviews that give students a well rounded educational experience.
- An integrated training system that gives Evergreen students a firm understanding of basic business practices and online marketing techniques.
- Ongoing interviews with top international industry icons as they tell you what makes them and their business successful.
- A blog for students and professionals to share their industry news.
How Do I Earn a Nuts & Bolts Business Training Certificate?
There are many benefits to earning a certificate. But remember, after earning a certificate, it ensures that you simply have the tools and resources ready to put into practice. It is always up to you to ensure your own success. Some of the requirements to earning this certificate through Evergreen Beauty College include completion of all 16 cornerstones, and successfully passing all 4 Capstone Exams.
School of the Year Award – Evergreen Beauty College 2013
Evergreen Beauty College was awarded the title of “School of the Year” for Nuts & Bolts Business Training Company schools in North America. If you are looking to build not only technical skills, but business skills, one of the top business training beauty colleges that are creating business savvy professionals is right here locally in the Seattle Area. Evergreen Beauty College provides cutting edge training, designed to give our future professionals the tools and skills they need to be successful in the beauty industry. Our business program supplemented by Nuts & Bolts Business Training brings together experts in this field on everything from social media to proper business etiquette. If this sounds like you, then call us or Request More Program Information to the right of this page.
Your Talent Rewarded
Instructor Training isn’t just personally rewarding. Our graduates have made careers doing everything from educating for a product line, distribution company, managing their salons and of course, come and teach for us!
Instructor Training Tuition & Fees
*local sales tax is not included
Joining the beauty industry starts with affording instructor training school. That’s where we can come in.
Our financial aid team has knowledgeable representatives ready to guide you through the financial aid process.
Financial Aid Made Easy
Wondering how you’ll afford school? We’re here to help. Our team of counselors focuses on financial aid every day. You’ve got questions. They’ve got answers or the resources to find the answers.
Evergreen Beauty College is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS). One of the benefits is that helps us meet one of the many requirements to offer federal financial aid to those that qualify. We are also approved for Veteran Affairs (VA) and GI benefits as well as Worker Retraining.
Applying for Aid
After meeting with an Admissions Counselor, they can set you up with the appropriate Financial Aid Counselor to help assist you in getting the documentation to apply for aid. It is very common, you will complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA).
Personalized for You
We’ll use the expected family contribution that was calculated on your FAFSA application to determine how much aid you may expect through loans and grants. Each person is different, that is why it is important to meet with a financial aid counselor. Once we know your status, we’ll create a tuition payment plan that’s personalized for you.
Federal Student Aid
Paying for school doesn’t have to be complicated. It all starts with a FAFSA form. You can complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov. The school code for Evergreen Beauty College’s Bellevue campus is 014618. The school code for Everett & Renton campuses is 039173.