Cosmetology Student Success Story: Nichole Messana

As I travel the social media platforms, I sometimes come across posts that can keep me scrolling through content. Have you ever had that happen? Where you loose track of what you were originally doing, just to find out or see more of what ‘stopped’ you in the first place. I recently got to put a face to the name of all the posts I would scroll through as Ms. Nichole Messana, as she visited a sister campus this past month. So when I found out Nichole received another award for her digital marketing, I was beyond excited to blog about her success! Congrats Nichole, you’ve earned it!

About Nichole 

For Nichole, cosmetology was always up her alley, it was only waiting for the right time. Coloring can be a stressful time while learning to formulate, but it seems Nichole was just meant for it. “I was and still am, a forklift driver for Costco! I entered into cosmetology school because I grew tired of the job that I was doing and I wanted to do something I loved. I had always played with my hair, cutting it and growing out just to cut it again, coloring it all the colors of the rainbow. People always came to me asking for advice on hair ( I had no idea what I was talking about at the time) and when I saw a friend of mine attending school here I decided to look into it career and educational wise, and I got hooked. After I started I really just found my passion in hair and make up.”

What influenced Nichole’s choice in her beauty school preference? “I chose Evergreen because of the warm welcome I received, everyone wanted to talk about how great the school and the teachers were and it wasn’t because they were told too. Not going to lie, Chandra enthusiastic welcome was a huge part in it too,” say’s Nichole. I don’t know if you have met Chandra yet or not, but it is a must! Nichole doesn’t lie, Chandra can make the excitement contagious.

The Evergreen Experience 

Seeing all Nichole’s work online shows you her passion and excitement for the industry. Cosmetology to the MUD Makeup Artistry program she has taken has played a huge roll in her success as a student with Evergreen at our Renton location. So what sets Nichole apart from the other students and why would you book with her?

“My strengths I feel are in short haircuts, drastic transformations, and foiling! Especially the foiling lately because even my teacher has asked me to give her highlights! But I LOVE doing drastic haircuts with lots of texture. Clients should book with me because I’m not afraid to give you what you want, you want more layering, you got it. You want very long minimal layers, no problem. You want some beautiful color in your hair to give you some definition, lets do it! [As for] what sets me apart is probably that I’m not very chatty, I prefer to focus on my work and let you walk out with the best I can give, ” shares Nichole. Knowing that Nichole has the clients end results in mind throughout the whole process will be reassuring to most if not all clients that sits in her chair, so I defiantly don’t think her focus will go unnoticed.

The Next Step 

With only a few months left in school Nichole already has a couple of avenues she’s looking into and both end in continuing growth within the industry, check it out.

“After I graduate I have a couple choices at this point; option one, I get hired as a KISW RockGirl and I graduate from Evergreen then stay in Seattle to work for them, get my Cosmetology license, and work for a shop (hopefully Rudy’s) throughout the year then go to California to attend the MUD make up academy. Option two, I graduate from Evergreen, get my Cosmetology license, and then go to California to attend the MUD institute of make up artistry to study special effects make up and prosthetics.”

Evergreen has enjoyed watching Nichole, a.k.a. ‘Dani’ to her campus team grow and connect. Nichole has really taken the journey and ran with the possibilities. Final words and advice for those looking to follow suite? Dani says, “What I like most about the program is the amazing people I’ve met, teachers and fellow students, not to mention all of the incredible education I’ve received. [Advice] I give for incoming students; this might seem like a fun hobby to take up, but its more than that, its a lot of work- but if you stick with it and give it all the dedication, you’ll come out with something more than a hobby, you’ll have a beautiful career with lots of new [colleagues] that’ll be your friends for years to come!”

Nichole is set to graduate in June 2018 and what better way to support her other than to come and get a service done from her at our Renton campus! And if you are interested in continuing to follow Nichole on her beauty school path, you can also check her out on Instagram @danimessana. Congrats, Nichole. You are on your way to a successful future in the beauty industry!

If you are interested in pursuing a career in the beauty industry, you can check out our programs or contact us at one of our four locations: Bellevue, Everett, Renton or Yakima!

Author
Frank Trieu
Vice President of Business Development & Industry Relations

Frank Trieu is a cosmetology industry leader, and despite his accomplishments and accolades, he still prioritizes students on the Evergreen campus. Through building relationships within the community and local salons, retail stores, and spas, he helps facilitate job placements for aspiring beauty professionals using his expansive network.

Share:
Happy Evergreen Beauty College Students

GET STARTED ON YOUR NEW CAREER PATH TODAY

Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments