Important Questions to Ask When Touring a Beauty School
In order to work as a professional cosmetologist, makeup artist, esthetician, or nail technician, you need to have training. Most people interested in working in beauty will enroll in a beauty school.
There are many beauty schools out there to choose from, so it’s important that you tour the schools you have in mind. On your tour you will have the opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the institution. Here are a few questions you should have in mind.
How do I Book a Tour?
The first step in enrolling in beauty college is contacting the school to express interest. The school will send the inquirer a package full of promotional material. If the course is what the student is looking for, they can call the school and arrange an interview and campus tour.
During the tour potential students will have a tour guide. As this guide is usually an employee of the school, he or she will be knowledgeable about the school and its courses. Students can use this to their advantage by asking them questions about the school.
Questions to Ask on Your Tour
- Is the school accredited?
- How much is the tuition? Do I need to pay a down payment?
- Do you offer scholarships and/or financial aid?
- How long is the program?
- How is the curriculum structured?
- Would I get ample time to practice new skills on models and other students in class?
- What equipment will I need?
- What skills and techniques are covered in class?
- Who is teaching the course?.
- Do you help students find work after graduation?
“Am I ready for a career in the beauty industry?” The work beauty professionals perform is exciting, but it can be hard work. If you’re ready to take on a creative, passionate, and rewarding career, Evergreen Beauty College could be the place for you!