Newspaper Print Nails: What You Need to Know About Them
With so many upcoming trends in everything from hair to nails, it can be difficult to keep up. However, the newspaper print nails are one hot trend that every fashion forward person must try at least once. This spunky design can be a cute style for young girls to wear, as well as an adult wearer to rock. Although not every person has the skills to create elaborate nail designs, the newspaper print nails are much easier to recreate than they appear.
What are Newspaper Print Nails?
Newspaper nails are one of the biggest trends for nail art. The premise of this design often consists of white painted nails with newspaper pattern over them. This trendy nail style can be done on all nails, or just as an attention grabber for the highlight nail. The newspaper print affect can be created in a myriad of ways, including at home or with the help of a professional.
- A base coat (optional, but recommended to keep nails healthy)
- White (or at least light colored nail polish)
- Rubbing alcohol
- A top coat (optional)
How to Do Newspaper Nails
1) Paint on a base coat to every nail that will receive polish. Although this is optional, it is highly suggested to protect nails from the nail polish. Allow the base coat to dry completely.
2) Begin by painting the allotted nails white (or your light color of choice). Make sure to let the nail polish dry before moving to the next step.
3) Dip one nail into rubbing alcohol. Take small strips of newspaper (large enough to cover a nail) and dip them into the rubbing alcohol.
Do not soak the strips; simply get them wet enough for the next step.
4) Press the dampened strip onto one of the nail. Hold firmly for a few seconds, then remove.
5) Allow the nails to dry, and then paint on a clear topcoat.
6) You should be left with a decorative newspaper nail!
- Do not soak the newspaper, but make sure it is saturated enough.
- Have patience. The technique may take time to perfect.
- Press the newspaper on hard, so that the ink may come off the newspaper and onto your nail.
- Make sure you allow the nail polish to dry entirely after each step. The nails will not work otherwise.
Interested in Learning More Nail Trends?
For those seeking to learn about upcoming nail trends, Evergreen Beauty College may be the place. You will have the opportunity to practice many different techniques and designs on others and take the first steps to entering your career in cosmetology. Additionally, those who simply cannot master the newspaper nail technique may also want to stop in to Evergreen Beauty College for an affordable manicure or pedicure by a student who knows the design.