“Our Hair Design Program Supports the Fundamentals of Successful Barbering!”
Our Hair Design program teaches and supports the fundamentals of successful
barbering. Unlike other beauty schools who either incorporate their barbering in their cosmetology program or not teach it at all, we have our focus on barbering in our hair design program that focuses only on HAIR not skin or feet. Whether you want to work as a barber or own your own barber shop we can provide you with the education necessary to help you succeed in the beauty industry.
At Evergreen Beauty College, you can receive hands-on training that can lead to some amazing opportunities. With classes enrolling now, you can have a successful career in the salon and barber industry sooner than you think! See here the difference between a barber and a hair design license.
3 Reasons Why Students Prefer to Join Our School:
- Straight Razor Shaving and Beard Design Training
- Hands on Training in Beauty, Hair Techniques
- Business Training (marketing, customer development, & retail)
Evergreen has been recognized by Modern Salon Magazine in 2011, 2012, & 2013 as one of the top job placement programs in North America that offers exciting externship opportunities, where many students are offered a job before they graduate!
Learn the Skills of a Professional Barber
You can learn the art of cutting and styling for both men and women through:
- Manipulation of shears
- Straight razor shave
You can be prepared to design and cut from the traditional to ultra-trendy hair designs.
Why Learn Barbering Skills in a Hair Design Program versus a Cosmetology Program?
Below is a diagram that highlights key differences between learning barbering in a cosmetology program versus a hair design program. Evergreen Beauty College is able to offer a Hair Design Program because there program is approved by the Department of Education which allows them to providing federal financial aid for those qualify in the Cosmetology & Hair Design Program.
|Areas of Comparison||Hair Design||Traditional Cosmetology|
|Length of Program||Less than a Year||More than a Year|
|Schedule||3 Days||3 Days|
|Cost of Attendance*||$16,387||$18,498|
|Curriculum||Haircutting + Chemical Applications + Styling||Nails + Skincare + Haircutting + Chemical Applications + Styling|
*Local sales tax are not included and only for modeling purposes between the 2 programs.
Why does Evergreen Beauty College offer a Hair Design Program as well? We get it, not everyone wants to do face and feet. Some just want to focus on hair. Enroll today!
Learn the Business Side to Barbering, Too!
You also undergo a business training program focusing on:
- Customer development
- Strategic models on building your business
When you graduate you may have the opportunity to have a career.
Are You Looking to Open up Your Own Barber Shop?
We can help you get prepared to do that. We have had over 200+ Evergreen graduates that have opened up their own salon, spas and barber shops. You can do this too when you graduate because you can learn the Business of Beauty and how to succeed as a Barber and a respected business person.
“10 More Reasons Why You Should Choose Our School”
1. We are an Award Winning School
Evergreen has received numerous industry accolades and awards, including Nuts and Bolts Business School of the Year for 2013! See our other awards here.
2. We Have Experienced Educators Teaching at our School
There is no substitute for experience. Teachers of our departments have real world experience.
3. We Offer Business Training
We are partnered with Nuts and Bolts business training program which is one of the most respected business training programs in the industry. Learn more about the business training here.
4. Get Real Life Experience with our Student Salon & Spa
Our student salon and spa will allow you to perfect your artistic skills as well as master the art of building a clientele. There is no substitute for live models, and with over thousands of clients per month. Our student salon and spa is the ideal environment for you to refine your skills.
5. We Have Fun
We believe that students should be laughing, smiling all day long. We inspire and challenge students, but we remember to keep it fun too. Heck, if you are interested in this industry, then you are not getting into the beauty industry to be around stuffy and boring people! Read our culture page and see our Facebook page to get a better idea of our culture.
6. We Offer Employment Assistance
Evergreen has been recognized by Modern Salon Magazine in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 as one of the top job placement programs in North America!
7. We Participate in Competitions and Photo Shoots to Help Build your Portfolio
8. We Run Regular Spectacular Events for Students
We host amazing regular events both onsite and offsite. We invite amazing guests to speak and motivate students. We have a HUGE blowout for graduation – there it is a red carpet event with videographers, photographers, jazz bands and more.
9. We Believe in Giving Back to the Community
Evergreen Beauty College proudly supports their local community and charities through donation of services, monetary sponsorship & contributions, fundraising and time. Like our annual back to school haircuts and free Santa Claus photos.
10. Our Owners are Onsite
Our owners are onsite inspiring and sharing their success and knowledge with their students. When you visit our schools, you will feel the difference in the level of passion with the owners here. Meet the owners here.
How to Get Started
Evergreen Beauty College has 4 locations (Everett, Bellevue, Renton, and Yakima) where you can attend. Getting started is easy, just call us or contact us for more information here. We will get back to you within one business day to schedule a tour or to answer any questions you may have about our Hair Design and Cosmetology Programs.
Accreditation & Licenses
- Approved by the Better Business Bureau
- Licensed and approved by the Washington State Board of Cosmetology
- Nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Careers Art & Sciences (NACCAS)
- Licensed and approved by Workforce Training and Education Coordination Board under Chapter 28C.10
- Licensed and approved by Washington State Department of Health
- Make-Up Designory (MUD) Partner School
- Murad MD Partnership School
- NewVue Plastic Surgery
- Nuts & Bolts Business & Development Training Partner School
- CND (Creative Nail Design) Partnership School
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Northwest Career Colleges Federation (NCCF)
- American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS)
- Associated Skincare Professionals (ASCP)
- Family Business Institute at Seattle University (FBI)
- Seattle University Family Business Exchange
- American Association of Cosmetology Schools Award: “Director of the Year” – Board of Directors, 2015, 2016
- Modern Salon Excellence in Education Awards:
- Seattle Business Magazine Awards:
- Nuts & Bolts Business Training Company Awards:
- “School of the Year”, 2013
- “Expansion Award”, 2010
- Puget Sound Business Journal Awards:
- “Largest Female Minority Owned Businesses in Washington State” – Top 50, 2013
- “Fastest Growing Minority Owned Business in Washington State” – #22, 2012
- University of Washington Foster School of Business Award: “Fastest Growing Minority Owned Businesses in Washington State” – Top 25 Finalist, 2012
- Featured in Nail Pro Magazine 2010, 2011, 2012
- Reign of Style – 1st Place, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Washington & Oregon Hair & Make-up School Competition: “Student Day of Success Competition” – 3rd place, 2008, 1st Place, 2009, 2010
- Best of Everett Businesses – winner, “School Category” 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Fantasy Student Competition – 2nd Place 2008
- Greater Everett Business & Professional Women – Business of the year, Winner, 2007
- Supercuts Superstyle – 1st Place, 1999
Student Awards & Accomplishments
- Esthetician International Business Student of the Year – 1st Place, 2014
- Cosmetologist International Business Student of the Year – 1st Place, 2011, 2015
- 10 International Business Student of the Year Top 3 Placers in Esthetics
- 7 International Business Student of the Year Top 3 Placers in Cosmetology
- 32 Student Day of Success Hair & Make-Up Competition Top 3 Placers
- 10 Northwest Nail Retreat Top 3 Placers
- Host one of the Largest Student Run Fashion Show called “Imagine” in Washington State since 2009
- Nail Pro Magazine featured editorial work
- Modern Salon Magazine Finalist Student Culture Video 2011
Nuts and Bolts Business Training
“It Takes More Than Just Great Technical Training to be Successful in the Beauty Industry!”
A majority of your success may be based on the skills you develop personally and professionally. Graduate with skills that can help you to be successful! We feature an internationally recognized business training program in order to teach our future professionals how to manage a fulfilling, profitable, and growing business.
Build Clientele, Make Money, and Succeed
Evergreen Beauty College was the first school in Washington State to partner with Nuts and Bolts, one of the most respected business training programs in the industry. This professional development program is designed to integrate personal, technical, and traditional business skill sets so that students can make money more effectively, build clientele, and succeed as professionals. A Nuts and Bolts school is a member of an elite group striving to deliver the most complete educational experience possible for their students. It is absolutely vital that your education includes real-world training that can prepare you for success when you graduate and enter the workplace. Having a business-training program of this caliber in a school’s curriculum provides students with a competitive edge, and should always be considered when deciding where to start your career. Check out the above video and learn more at the NAB Lounge.
Take a Look at the Topics in Our Business Program Curriculum That Can Bring You to Success
- Knowing Your Numbers & Speaking with a Professional Vocabulary
- Analyzing Sale Summary Reports to Benefit Your Business
- How to Build Your Business
- How to Retail Successfully (Not in a Pushy Way)
- Getting Comfortable Being Uncomfortable
- Not Only Change, But The Rate Of Change
- Developing Your Perfect Clients
- Marketing & Promotions
- Creating a “WOW” Customer Experience
- Connecting and Communicating with Your Clients!
- Managing Your Finances
- Creating Your Personal Road Map
- Balancing It All: Work, Home, Family
Nab Link – The New Way for Employers to Find You
Exclusive to only Nuts and Bolts member schools, whose students are certified through their business program, NaB Link is a powerful tool designed to let Salon & Spa professionals know what Nuts & Bolts students are all about. This tool allows the students of exclusive schools such as Evergreen the ability to create online profiles and portfolios that are open to salon and spas to hire from. Have a peek at this nationwide employment resource by visiting NAB Training.
Features & Benefits of Our Business Training Program
- To help students at Evergreen Beauty College have an edge over the rest of the industry and be able to hit the ground running even before graduation.
- A unique combination of online video presentations, lectures and interviews that give students a well-rounded educational experience.
- An integrated training system that gives Evergreen students a firm understanding of basic business practices and online marketing techniques.
- Ongoing interviews with top international industry icons as they tell you what makes them and their business successful.
- A blog for students and professionals to share their industry news.
How Do I Earn a Nuts & Bolts Business Training Certificate?
There are many benefits to earning a certificate. But remember, after earning a certificate, it ensures that you simply have the tools and resources ready to put into practice. It is always up to you to ensure your own success. Some of the requirements to earning this certificate through Evergreen Beauty College include completion of all 16 cornerstones, and successfully passing all 4 Capstone Exams.
“Evergreen Beauty College Was Awarded School of the Year for 2013!”
Evergreen Beauty College was awarded the title of “School of the Year” for Nuts & Bolts Business Training Company schools in North America. If you are looking to build not only technical skills, but business skills, one of the top business training beauty colleges that are creating business savvy professionals is right here locally in the Seattle Area. Evergreen Beauty College provides cutting edge training, designed to give our future professionals the tools and skills they need to be successful in the beauty industry. Our business program supplemented by Nuts & Bolts Business Training brings together experts in this field on everything from social media to proper business etiquette. If this sounds like you, then call us or Request More Program Information to the right of this page.
Your Talent Rewarded
Barbering isn’t just personally rewarding, it’s an in-demand industry especially when one is able to add on hair color with a Hair Design license.1 That is why barbering is one component of our Hair Design program. Our graduates have made careers doing working in a men’s salon to owning their own barbershop.
Joining the beauty industry starts with affording cosmetology school. That’s where we can come in.
Our financial aid team has knowledgeable representatives ready to guide you through the financial aid process.
Financial Aid Made Easy
Wondering how you’ll afford school? We’re here to help. Our team of counselors focuses on financial aid every day. You’ve got questions. They’ve got answers or the resources to find the answers.
Evergreen Beauty College is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS). One of the benefits is that helps us meet one of the many requirements to offer federal financial aid to those that qualify. We are also approved for Veteran Affairs (VA) and GI benefits as well as Worker Retraining.
Applying for Aid
After meeting with an Admissions Counselor, they can set you up with the appropriate Financial Aid Counselor to help assist you in getting the documentation to apply for aid. It is very common, you will complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Personalized for You
We’ll use the expected family contribution that was calculated on your FAFSA application to determine how much aid you may expect through loans and grants. Each person is different, that is why it is important to meet with a financial aid counselor. Once we know your status, we’ll create a tuition payment plan that’s personalized for you.
Federal Student Aid
Paying for school doesn’t have to be complicated. It all starts with an FAFSA form. You can complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fsaid.ed.gov. The school code for Evergreen Beauty College’s Bellevue campus is 014618. The school code for Everett & Renton campuses is 039173.
1. Professional Beauty Association, Economic Snapshot of the Salon and Spa Industry, August 2013, 1