“Start a New Career Focusing on What You Love, HAIR!”
Do you remember growing up and being the person that was cutting, coloring, and styling friends and family members hair? Do you remember being the person at homecoming events and before games and dances, you were the person everyone went to? Doing hair was what you were born to do! And now you become a licensed professional in less than year!
Washington State Governor Jay Inslee signed into law a new “Hair Design License“ to join other states around the country and Evergreen Beauty College is one of the first beauty colleges in Washington State approved by the Department of Education to offer this new Hairdressing license. This means this college can provide federal financial aid for this program that takes less time and less money to have a license to do everything you have always loved to do…HAIR. Now you don’t need to go to beauty school studying additional areas you might not be interested in doing. Majority of salon, barbershops and styling bars do not required licensed professionals to do face and feet, so why should you spend additional money and time learning how to do that?
See For Yourself If This Is What You Wanted to Learn
There is nothing better than a picture to tell a story. Just like how you love Instagram because it’s a fun, fast and beautiful way to share great moments, check out our step-by-step student life experience and understand everything you will learn in our Hair Design Program at Evergreen. Download a free PDF of course descriptions here or click the picture below to see the exciting journey as an Evergreen Hair Design student:
Your Journey to Choosing the Right Hair Program
It takes a lot of courage to make the decision to begin looking for a career in beauty. We get it because we have been in your seat. Many of our students did not know even what question to ask or how to pronounce the word “Cosmetology”, but we all knew we have loved doing hair since we were little.
There is not just one program to choose from and that is what our counselors are here for. Scheduling a time with our counselors help you create better questions to ask for yourself to be successful and choosing the right program. We aren’t just a school that only has one choice and you may not know there is a difference between Cosmetology or Hair Design or Barbering. That’s okay and what we want to talk about. Fortunately we are approved for the Hair Design license as well and for those who just love doing hair and not face or feet, this program might be better for you and save you some time and money and that is okay. We want what is best for you.
This license is a 1400 hour program that merges the fundamental areas of the Barbering license as well as the Cosmetology license. One big area of difference from the Barbering license is that a Hair Design license allows a professional to performs chemical services such as hair coloring to expand their offering of services for men and women. One area of difference from the Hair Design license and Cosmetology license is that the Hair Design license does not do services the involve areas like face (skincare) and feet (nails), hence the reduction in hours from a 1600 hour cosmetology program to 1400 hour hair design program. That is the reason you can graduate faster for less money if you enroll at Evergreen Beauty College versus taking the Cosmetology Program at any other beauty school if you just want to focus on doing hair. Feel free to see the difference in the law of Cosmetology Vs Hair Design by clicking on the link that communicates the similarities and differences between the license.
|Areas of Comparison||Hair Design||Traditional Cosmetology|
|Length of Program||Less than a Year||More than a Year|
|Schedule||3 Days||3 Days|
|Cost of Attendance*||$16,387||$18,498|
|Curriculum||Haircutting + Chemical Applications + Styling||Nails + Skincare + Haircutting + Chemical Applications + Styling|
*Cost of Attendance does not reflect local sales tax or state testing fees. This is strictly for modeling purposes to illustrate differences between the 2 training programs.
Recap: Some of What You Can Learn
- Hair Coloring
- Hair Extensions
- Chemical Relaxing
- Straight Razor Shaves
And much more!
You can unleash your creativity when you learn to design with shears, razors, and clippers! You can be trained in chemical techniques in color, permanent waves, relaxers, and extensions.
Are You Ready For Hair School? Let Us Help You Find Out Now!
It only takes 3-minutes to complete and you will get an assessment back instantly! You don’t even have to enter any private information in. You will identify your strengths, learning styles and what teaching environment matches best for you plus it will help identify any ask questions you may not have thought to ask. Get Your Beauty Readiness Analysis now.
Your Employment Opportunities Could Be Endless
- Hair Coloring Specialist
- Salon/Spa Owner
- Platform Artist
- Sales Representative
“10 More Reasons Why You Should Choose Our Hair Design School”
1. We are an Award Winning School
Evergreen has received numerous industry accolades and awards, including Nuts and Bolts Business School of the Year for 2013! See our other awards here.
2. We Have Experienced Educators Teaching at our School
There is no substitute for experience. Teachers of our departments have real world experience.
3. We Offer Business Training
We are partnered with Nuts and Bolts business training program which is one of the most respected business training programs in the industry. Learn more about the business training here.
4. Get Real Life Experience with our Student Salon & Spa
Our student salon and spa regularly tops Google’s list as one of most-reviewed salons and spas in Washington state. Our student salon and spa is the ideal environment for you to refine your skills.
5. We Have Fun
We believe that students should be laughing, smiling all day long. We inspire and challenge students, but we remember to keep it fun too. Heck, if you are interested in this industry, then you are not getting into the beauty industry to be around stuffy and boring people! Read our culture page and see our Facebook page to get a better idea of our culture.
6. We Offer Employment Assistance
Evergreen has been recognized by Modern Salon Magazine in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 as one of the top job placement programs in North America!
7. We Participate in Competitions and Photo Shoots to Help Build your Portfolio
8. We Run Regular Spectacular Events for Students
We host amazing regular events both onsite and offsite. We invite amazing guests to speak and motivate students. We have a HUGE blowout for graduation – there it is a red carpet event with videographers, photographers, jazz bands and more.
9. We Believe in Giving Back to the Community
Evergreen Beauty College proudly supports their local community and charities through donation of services, monetary sponsorship & contributions, fundraising and time. Like our annual back to school haircuts and free Santa Claus photos.
10. Our Owners are Onsite
Our owners are onsite inspiring and sharing their success and knowledge with their students. When you visit our schools, you will feel the difference in the level of passion with the owners here. Meet the owners here.
How to Get Started
Evergreen Beauty College has 3 locations (Everett, Bellevue, and Renton) where you can attend. Getting started is easy, just call us or contact us for more information here. We will get back to you within one business day to schedule a tour or to answer any questions you may have about our Hair Design Programs.
Accreditation & Licenses
- Approved by the Better Business Bureau
- Licensed and approved by the Washington State Board of Cosmetology
- Nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Careers Art & Sciences (NACCAS)
- Licensed and approved by Workforce Training and Education Coordination Board under Chapter 28C.10
- Licensed and approved by Washington State Department of Health
- Make-Up Designory (MUD) Partner School
- Murad MD Partnership School
- NewVue Plastic Surgery
- Nuts & Bolts Business & Development Training Partner School
- OPI Partnership School
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Northwest Career Colleges Federation (NCCF)
- American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS)
- Associated Skincare Professionals (ASCP)
- Family Business Institute at Seattle University (FBI)
- Seattle University Family Business Exchange
- American Association of Cosmetology Schools Award: “Director of the Year” – Board of Directors, 2015
- Modern Salon Excellence in Education Awards:
- Seattle Business Magazine Awards:
- Nuts & Bolts Business Training Company Awards:
- “School of the Year”, 2013
- “Expansion Award”, 2010
- Puget Sound Business Journal Awards:
- “Largest Female Minority Owned Businesses in Washington State” – Top 50, 2013
- “Fastest Growing Minority Owned Business in Washington State” – #22, 2012
- University of Washington Foster School of Business Award: “Fastest Growing Minority Owned Businesses in Washington State” – Top 25 Finalist, 2012
- Featured in Nail Pro Magazine 2010, 2011, 2012
- Reign of Style – 1st Place, 2009, 2010, 2011
- Washington & Oregon Hair & Make-up School Competition: “Student Day of Success Competition” – 3rd place, 2008, 1st Place, 2009, 2010
- Best of Everett Businesses – winner, “School Category” 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Fantasy Student Competition – 2nd Place 2008
- Greater Everett Business & Professional Women – Business of the year, Winner, 2007
- Supercuts Superstyle – 1st Place, 1999
Student Awards & Accomplishments
- Esthetician International Business Student of the Year – 1st Place, 2014
- Cosmetologist International Business Student of the Year – 1st Place, 2011, 2015
- 10 International Business Student of the Year Top 3 Placers in Esthetics
- 7 International Business Student of the Year Top 3 Placers in Cosmetology
- 32 Student Day of Success Hair & Make-Up Competition Top 3 Placers
- 10 Northwest Nail Retreat Top 3 Placers
- Host one of the Largest Student Run Fashion Show called “Imagine” in Washington State since 2009
- Nail Pro Magazine featured editorial work
- Modern Salon Magazine Finalist Student Culture Video 2011
Nuts & Bolts Business Training
“It Takes More Than Just Great Technical Training to be Successful in the Beauty Industry!”
A majority of your success can be based on the skills you develop personally and professionally. Graduate with skills that can help you to be successful! We feature an internationally recognized business training program in order to teach our future professionals how to manage a fulfilling, profitable, and growing business.
Build Clientele, Make Money, and Succeed
Evergreen Beauty College was the first school in Washington State to partner with Nuts and Bolts, one of the most respected business training programs in the industry. This professional development program is designed to integrate personal, technical, and traditional business skill sets so that students can make money more effectively, build clientele, and succeed as professionals. A Nuts and Bolts school is a member of an elite group striving to deliver the most complete educational experience possible for their students. It is absolutely vital that your education includes real-world training that can prepare you for success when you graduate and enter the workplace. Having a business-training program of this caliber in a school’s curriculum provides students with a competitive edge, and should always be considered when deciding where to start your career. Check out the above video and learn more at the NAB Lounge.
Take a Look at the Topics in Our Business Program Curriculum That Can Bring You to Success
- Knowing Your Numbers & Speaking with a Professional Vocabulary
- Analyzing Sale Summary Reports to Benefit Your Business
- How to Build Your Business
- How to Retail Successfully (Not in a Pushy Way)
- Getting Comfortable Being Uncomfortable
- Not Only Change, But The Rate Of Change
- Developing Your Perfect Clients
- Marketing & Promotions
- Creating a “WOW” Customer Experience
- Connecting and Communicating with Your Clients!
- Managing Your Finances
- Creating Your Personal Road Map
- Balancing It All: Work, Home, Family
Nab Link – The New Way for Employers to Find You
Exclusive to only Nuts and Bolts member schools, whose students are certified through their business program, NaB Link is a powerful tool designed to let Salon & Spa professionals know what Nuts & Bolts students are all about. This tool allows the students of exclusive schools such as Evergreen the ability to create online profiles and portfolios that are open to salon and spas to hire from. Have a peek at this nationwide employment resource by visiting NAB Training.
Features & Benefits of Our Business Training Program
- To help students at Evergreen Beauty College have an edge over the rest of the industry and be able to hit the ground running even before graduation.
- A unique combination of online video presentations, lectures and interviews that give students a well-rounded educational experience.
- An integrated training system that gives Evergreen students a firm understanding of basic business practices and online marketing techniques.
- Ongoing interviews with top international industry icons as they tell you what makes them and their business successful.
- A blog for students and professionals to share their industry news.
How Do I Earn a Nuts & Bolts Business Training Certificate?
There are many benefits to earning a certificate. But remember, after earning a certificate, it ensures that you simply have the tools and resources ready to put into practice. It is always up to you to ensure your own success. Some of the requirements to earn this certificate through Evergreen Beauty College include completion of all 16 cornerstones, and successfully passing all 4 Capstone Exams.
Evergreen Beauty College Was Awarded School of the Year for 2013
Evergreen Beauty College was awarded the title of “School of the Year” for Nuts & Bolts Business Training Company schools in North America. If you are looking to build not only technical skills, but business skills, one of the top business training beauty colleges that are creating business savvy professionals is right here locally in the Seattle Area. Evergreen Beauty College provides cutting edge training, designed to give our future professionals the tools and skills they need to be successful in the beauty industry. Our business program supplemented by Nuts & Bolts Business Training brings together experts in this field on everything from social media to proper business etiquette. If this sounds like you, then call us or Request More Program Information to the right of this page.
Hair Design Tuition & Fees
We are the first school in Western Washington to be approved to provide financial aid for those who qualify for the Hair Design License. If you want to focus on hair, save yourself time and money; enroll in the Hair Design program instead of a traditional cosmetology program.
*local sales tax is not included
Evergreen Beauty College is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS). One of the benefits is that helps us meet one of the many requirements to offer federal financial aid to those that qualify. We are also approved for Veteran Affairs (VA) and GI benefits as well as Worker Retraining.
Applying for Aid
After meeting with an Admissions Counselor, they can set you up with the appropriate Financial Aid Counselor to help assist you in getting the documentation to apply for aid. It is very common, you will complete and submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Personalized for You
We’ll use the expected family contribution that was calculated on your FAFSA application to determine how much aid you may expect through loans and grants. Each person is different, that is why it is important to meet with a financial aid counselor. Once we know your status, we’ll create a tuition payment plan that’s personalized for you.
Federal Student Aid
Paying for school doesn’t have to be complicated. It all starts with an FAFSA form. You can complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fsaid.ed.gov. The school code for Evergreen Beauty College’s Bellevue campus is 014618. The school code for Everett & Renton campuses is 039173.