On November 17th 2014, Modern Salon Magazine honored Evergreen Beauty College Excellence in Education award as the top beauty colleges for all beauty schools in North America in for “Beauty Changes Lives”. This award recognizes the beauty school that helped champion the message that a career in beauty is a great choice; one that positively impacts the lives of professionals AND the clients they serve.
The best way that Evergreen has found that they can share that a career in beauty is great choice is by being an example of it!
1. Ranked “2014 Top 100 Companies to Work For” by Seattle Business Magazine. Evergreen Beauty Colleges’ staff nominated their owners for this award and based on a companywide survey that was given to the staff. After reviewing the list of the top 100 companies, Evergreen was the only company in the beauty industry to have made the list. Over 400 companies where considered and point value was given in areas of Culture, Executive Leadership, Compensation/Benefits, Work/Life Balance, etc. They were honored to represent our industry among this group of companies. Where this has impacted the professionals and clients is that it has made our industry a career of choice, but showing that employers in this industry truly care about ensure the success of their employees.
2. “2013 School of the Year” by Nuts & Bolts Business Training Program. Over 100 campuses were considered in the Nuts & Bolts Business Training Network and Evergreen was selected because of their leadership in the industry and willingness to help out other schools. Many schools come to visit their campuses in Washington to trade ideas, best practices, etc. Sharing our strategies and mistakes with fellow school owners has allowed schools to positively impact the lives of their students, staff and ultimately clients. Nuts & Bolts also holds an international competition for both Cosmetology and Esthetics, and in the past years, Evergreen has had over an dozen of international placers.
3. Beauty Changes Lives – Tippi Hedren Scholarship: In this last year’s scholarship, Evergreen Beauty College had 3 of the 10 scholarship winners come from their Everett Campus. Beauty Changes Lives is a huge part of their culture and they have integrated the stories and videos into their training.
4. Biggest Student Tips: The two largest tips their students have received have truly changed their lives! We are proud that they were able to receive it Evergreen! The first one was from one of their guest who was senior citizen and had been going to their school for years. One day she came in and asked for a student that has been taken care of her named Oscar. She said, “Oscar, I’ve been a fixed income and couldn’t tip you the way that I wanted. My family is moving me closer to them in California and wanted to give you “this.” Oscar rode his bike to school every day and saved whatever money he had earned to send back to his family in Mexico. What she gave him was the keys to her car along with the title. She wanted to make sure that he got to school safely and dry so he can focus on his education!
The second biggest tip was from a guest that came in to support a student by the name of Natalia. Natalia worked at the local hospital and took care of him when he was there. He found out that she was going to cosmetology school, came in to support her by getting a hair cut. A few days later, he came in and wrote a check for her tuition. He wanted to thank her for changing his life during the time he received treatment and wanted to her to continue her ministry.
5. “2013 Family Business of the Year”: Evergreen Beauty College was honored as the Family Business of the Year in the Small Business Category. “Family” is how they have chosen to lead the industry and is a common reference in both the school and the community. It’s not the leadership of their family per se, but how their staff and their students have been an extension of it. It’s these types of relationships that will ensure the success of our professionals and clients.
You can see the full story here.