“From Janitor to Industry Leader”
In 1975, Thi Trieu, an elementary school teacher, had to leave her home country of Vietnam as a refugee, and was unable to pursue her passion in teaching because of lack of understanding of the English language. She started off as a janitor, cleaning offices, restaurants and schools to make ends meet and then decided that she needed to enter into a career where she could determine her own destiny.
Thi launched into the beauty industry and began to build her first salon and shortly after opened a second location. After running two salons successfully for over 15 years, Thi returned back to her love of teaching, however this time into the industry that had been her passion for almost 2 decades. Interestingly, from her days as a janitor, one of the schools she cleaned was Evergreen, a school 20 years later she would one day own and take from a local venture to a Nationally Accredited Institution of Higher Learning.
She shares, “I came to this country 30 years ago, without shoes on my feet, and any understanding of the English language. My students here are starting their new careers years a head of where I started; what I have been able to do in 30 years, they should be able to do in 5-10, because they know the language, have a plan, and have people that believe in them. It’s a wonderful industry that has fed and given opportunities for me and my husband and our five children. My goal as an educator is help see our students reveal the gifts that is within them.”
You Too Can Become a Industry Leader!
Evergreen’s goal is to make you a leader in the beauty industry. Whether you want to open up your own business or begin your career in the top salons and spas, define it here!
With over 20 years in the industry, graduates are building their careers with premier salons, spas, medi-spas, barbershops and more.
You Will Received a Nationally Accredited Education
We are nationally accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences which means that Evergreen is recognized not only by the state but on a national level. You will belong to a school that is an active member of the American Association of Cosmetology Schools as well as Washington Federation of Private and Vocational Schools.
Getting started is easy, just call us or contact us for more information here. We’ll get back to within one business to schedule a tour or to answer any questions you may have about our education opportunities.
“Our Primary Goal is to Produce the Most Respected Graduates in the Beauty Industry!”
Evergreen is proud to be a Nuts & Bolts Member School; by partnering with this elite community of school, we have taken what is considered advanced education and given it to our students at the undergraduate level. It’s working so well we are winning awards and media mentions every year.
We think our results and awards speaks volumes!
- In 2009, our students competed in the National Cosmetology Associate ‘Student Day of Success’ in Portland, Oregon. Our students competed against schools from both Washington and Oregon, placing in 9 out of the 10 different categories that our students entered! Overall, Evergreen took home a 1st place finish and brought the trophy back to Washington!
- We were also voted 2013 Nuts & Bolts “School of the Year” by #1 Business & Professional Development Training Company Nuts & Bolts for beauty schools in North America.
- Evergreen Beauty College has placed in the top 3 in North America year after year at the International Business Student of the Year Competition in Long Beach, CA We have been honored for “Excellence in Education” by Modern Salon Magazine.
- We talk about family culture…How about listening to Seattle Business Magazine awarding Evergreen Beauty College “Family Business of the Year” in 2013 and Top 100 Companies to Work For in 2014!
These are just a few mentions of why our students are seen as the most respected technicians in their industry.
We can help you achieve your career goals!
Whether your goal is to open up your own business, or find a salon, shop or spa and build a business within a business, our business program will empower and give you a competitive advantage in entering the field.
Staff Members Have Practical Experience
Evergreen has assembled and attracted an incredible education team to assist your launch into a new career. Our education staff has included salon, shop and spa owners and managers, specialized brand educators, to salon consultants and leaders of complementary industries. The business training program is taught by educators that all hold business certificates.
What Is A Typical Day At Evergreen?
Understanding the positives and negatives about a school’s atmosphere and culture is so important because that is where you will be spending your time training – day in and day out. Setting the right expectations is the key to any one students success. Learn more about the feelings, both good and bad, at Evergreen by skimming “Our Culture” section. It is where you will find unedited comments from Evergreen students as they have completed their program and it will paint a very realistic view of a typical day a Evergreen Beauty College.
6 More Reasons Why Evergreen College is the Premier Choice for Most Students!
1. Business Training & Professional Development
Evergreen Beauty College was the first school in Washington State to partner with Nuts and Bolts, one of the most respected business training programs in the industry. This professional development program is designed to integrate personal, technical, and traditional business skill sets so that students can more effectively make money, build clientele, and succeed as professionals.
Some of the topics that are covered are:
- Knowing Your Numbers & Speaking with a Professional Vocabulary
- Analyzing Sale Summary Reports to Benefit Your Business
- How to Build Your Business
- How to Retail Successfully (Not in a Pushy Way)
- Getting Comfortable Being Uncomfortable
- Not Only Change, But The Rate Of Change
- Developing Your Perfect Clients
- Marketing & Promotions
- Creating a “WOW” Customer Experience
- Connecting and Communicating with Your Clients!
- Managing Your Finances
- Creating Your Personal Roadmap
- Balancing It All: Work, Home, Family
- Portfolio Development
2. We Run Regular Celebration Assemblies
Each month the students and staff gather to celebrate successes, recognize accomplishments and address and explore topics related to personal and professional development. These assemblies provide opportunities to discuss crucial topics that are not in the curriculum yet still key to career success (ie. How to leave a job, public speaking, changes in legislative, unspoken business etiquette the employers don’t tell you)
3. International Business Student of the Year Competition
Every year, Nuts and Bolts Business Training Company holds a competition to select the International Business Student of the Year. This competition invites students from beauty colleges with the Nuts and Bolts Business Program across North America & Australia. The criteria considered for this award includes retail sales, up-servicing of clientele, average ticket amount and overall excellence in customer service. In addition, students had to submit a 3-5 minute video in order to be considered for this award.
An award ceremony is held at the International Salon and Spa Expo in Long Beach, California to announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards in the categories of Cosmetology and Esthetics. The winners will receive amazing prizes including cash and advanced education provided by beauty industry partners. Evergreen Beauty College attempted to compete at this level with their students starting in 2010, and quickly began creating a legacy.
4. We Run Regular Spectacular Events
On & Offsite Events
Evergreen provides many opportunities for their students develop not only their technical skills but also leadership skills through hosting events. Bringing Beauty Back to School, Imagine Fashion Show, Mom & Me Makeover, Pictures with Santa Claus, In House Paparazzi Photo Shoot are a few examples of large events Evergreen students participate in. In addition, they spend multiple times a year donating their services and time to the community to understand the value of giving back. Go to facebook.com/evergreenbeauty.edu to view photos from the numerous events. These are great opportunities for students to put on their resume!
Guest Speakers & Weekend Classes
The education doesn’t stop here! School is only the beginning. Therefore, Evergreen Beauty College host international artists and beauty icons to speak to their students and give them up to date trends happening in the industry. These opportunities sometimes leads to introductions for job opportunities. Evergreen is an education center providing classes on weekends such as Lash Out Loud, PCA, Fusion Hair Extensions, and many more.
Beauty School is not a small thing. That is why Evergreen makes sure the time when you are about to graduate, that you celebrate in style! This ceremony is held at the Lynnwood Convention Center. There is a red carpet event with videographers, photographers, jazz bands and more.
5. Owners Are Present and Onsite
Our owners are onsite inspiring and sharing their success knowledge with their students. When you visit our schools, you will feel the difference in the level of passion with the owners here. Meet the family that started as the janitors of the one location of Evergreen and now expanded to multiple locations. It is their mission to share what took them 10 years to do, for you to do in 5 years.
6. We Believe in Giving Back
Evergreen Beauty College proudly supports their local community and charities through donation of services, monetary sponsorship & contributions, fundraising and time. Evergreen has supported Ronald McDonald House Charities, Sleep Country Foster Kids, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Leukemia Lymphoma Society, Everett & Bellevue Boys & Girls Club, Edmonds Woodway High School, Evergreen Library, University of Washington Catholic Newman Center, Mukilteo Light House, Everett Women’s Shelter, St. Mary Madelyn Church, Salvation Army, Carl Gipson Senior Center, Susan G. Komen Foundation, Hurricane Katrina, Everett High School, “Queen, It’s a new Day”, Puget Sound Blood Center, Edmonds School District Scholarship Foundation, Everett Eagles Junior Drill Team, Everett Gospel Mission, Explorer Middle School, Seattle Education Access, Washington Rush Soccer Club, South Everett Little League, and St. Joseph Catholic Retirement Montessori and more.
Why Thousands of Students Have Chosen Evergreen Beauty?
Evergreen Beauty Colleges believes it is our responsibility to create the beauty industry to be one of the most respected industries. How? By striving to develop the most respected professionals in cosmetology arts, sciences and related fields.
We are committed to developing our future professionals and staff professionally and personally through technical and professional training. It’s only through this holistic development that we can be successful contributors to one another, our clients and our industry. Check out below the different learning opportunities available to you to enhance your success in the new career.
Getting started is easy, just call us or contact us for more information here. We’ll get back to within one business to schedule a tour or to answer any questions you may have about our education opportunities.
“Meet The Owners of Evergreen Beauty College”
Our owners are onsite inspiring and sharing their success knowledge with their students. We believe this is part of our secret sauce of our success. Most schools do not have owners who are present. We are passionate about our students and their success and we want to make sure our spirit is present EVERY single day. When you visit our schools you will feel the difference in the level of passion given by our warm and wonderful owners.
Thi Trieu, Founder
Ms. Thi is the founder of Evergreen Cosmo Inc, owner of Evergreen Beauty College. Ms. Thi has over 40 years of experience in the beauty industry as a cosmetologist, multiple salon owner, educator, and past school president. She is licensed in Barbering, Cosmetology, Esthetics and Manicuring. Her areas of specialty include: fundamental hair design, business development and fostering the entrepreneurial vision of our future professionals. With Ms. Thi’s motivation and inspiration, over 200+ salons, shops, and spas have opened in the greater Seattle area from her graduates. Her and her husband started Evergreen Beauty College in 1996. She is mother of 5 kids and 9 grandchildren and growing.
- Learned piano at the age of 58
- Serves as an officer for the International Toastmaster
- Has done daily yoga for over 25 years
Frank Trieu, Ambassador & Director of Compliance
Mr. Frank focuses on building relationships with local salons, shops and spas to assist in successful job placement for Evergreen future professionals. He serves on many state and education committees to represent and help lead our industry. Under Mr. Frank’s leadership and salon/spas relationship building, Modern Salon Magazine has recognized Evergreen as a finalist 3 years in a row for Job Placement Programs for beauty schools (2011, 2012, 2013). Mr. Frank is currently the Ambassador, Director of Compliance, Director of Title IX Compliance, and compliance coordinator at each campus, and serves on the Board of Directors for the American Association of Cosmetology Schools. Mr. Frank has over ten years of experience in the beauty industry. His focus is on office management, accreditation and finance. He has BA in Marketing & Finance at Albert School of Business at Seattle University. He was recognized in the Puget Sound Business Journal (2013) as recipient of “40 under 40” as top 40 business leaders under the age of 40. He is married to his wife Kim and has 3 boys.
- Created a facebook account to meet his wife
- Led a youth group of 50 through Europe
- Enjoys marathons, triathlons & cycling events
Paul Trieu, Director of IT & Software Development
Mr. Paul brings to Evergreen Beauty College over 12 years of computer technology and management experience working with Microsoft. He has deep experience with desktop systems, networking, and the latest mobile hardware and software technologies. Paul graduated with a B.S. in Computer Science and Computer Engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Summa Cum Laude, where he was awarded the Erik Jonsson Prize for Highest Academic Achievement. Mr. Paul is the most recent addition to the team and leads our Information Technology and Software Development programs. He focuses on bringing the latest education and salon technologies to our students and guests.
- Danced competitively in ballroom dance (standard and Latin styles)
- Director of religious education program for his parish, guiding and overseeing 40+ teachers and volunteers
- Enjoys working on his car on the weekends with his nephews
Theresa Tran, Director of Administration
Ms. Theresa negotiates and handles all of the ordering to get great pricing for supplies for her students as well as financial funding in order to assist students with their finances. Under Ms. Theresa’s leadership, Evergreen Cosmo Inc was awarded by the Puget Sound Business Journal as well as the University of Washington (2012) as one of the top 25 fastest growing minority owned businesses in Washington State. She has BA in Economics & Finance at University of Washington, former fulbright scholar, and analyst in the Private Wealth Division at GoldmanSachs. Ms. Theresa has over seven years of sales training and business management. As a graduate of the University of Washington, she was awarded the CBYX scholarship sponsoring a year-abroad study in Germany. She represents Evergreen in numerous financial aid programs on the federal, state and local levels. She is married to Eric while raising her 3 boys.
- Married her brother’s best friend
- Speaks 3 languages
- Major fundraiser for Cystic Fibrosis
Joe Trieu, President
Mr. Joe is currently our President, specializing in company and school culture, sales, clinic development, outreach projects. He has used his sales skills to grow the student salon, offering greater opportunity for our future professionals to begin building their business while still in school. Since 2010 as president, Mr. Joe has led Evergreen to its first National competition, over 10 International top 3 finishes in the Nuts & Bolts Business Student of the Year Competition, recognized in Modern Salon Magazine as well as Voted 2013 School of the Year and Family Business of the Year by Seattle Business Magazine. His focus was Business Administration with a concentration in Entrepreneurship from the Foster School of Business at the University of Washington. Mr. Joe has received the Outstanding Performance Award, Human Relations Award & the Highest Award for Achievement from the Dale Carnegie Center of Excellence. Previously, Mr. Joe’s worked in pharmaceuticals at Alcon Labs where he was top 10 salesman in his company. Mr. Joe represented the University of Washington at the National Sales competition. Together with his teammate, Mr. Joe brought the University of Washington an 8th place win at Nationals. Mr. Joe is married to his wife Tami who has a son and 2 daughters.
- Walked on fire
- Skydived into graduation to surprise his students
- Voted Wrestling Coach of the Year (2011) Region 1 for Washington State (Youngest Coach Recipient)
Why You'll Love Evergreen's Culture!
Learn about the culture and atmosphere at Evergreen Beauty College. Watch our playlist of videos below and read comments from some of our students.
YouTube responded with an error: Bad Request
Students Describe Evergreen’s Culture and Atmosphere
At Evergreen, each student on their last day of school has an opportunity to fill out their exit survey honestly, describing Evergreen Beauty College’s culture and atmosphere – whether positive or negative. We have always used this information to help us grow, by showing us what to work on and what to keep doing. Eventually, we began asking ourselves, why don’t we share this with the rest of the world?
- "Clean, comfortable, mellow, and professional for a school. Really Pretty."
- "Positive, no drama."
- "Very laid back and comfortable."
- "The atmosphere at Evergreen is very open and clean. Everything has a place, it’s very organized."
- "The atmosphere was very inviting and fun! Right when you walk in you can tell everyone is having a good time."
- "I would describe the atmosphere at school to be fun and professional."
- "Warm and very welcoming. At times there was too much down time, and I found myself lost wondering if I would make it through the program but I did it!"
- "The atmosphere is enjoyable and welcoming with a fairly diverse group of students. I wish the cosmos and estos had the opportunity to spend more time together though!"
- "I enjoyed the relationships I formed with my teacher and fellow students. I also enjoyed that we were allowed to learn however was best for us (hands on, in-depth explanation, etc.) Also, the externship program."
- "Depends on the day."
- "A bit chaotic at times. Especially once new students were added to mix. Ms. Beth seemed like she was spread too thin. I loved being with my group of girls (most days, lol) and I got to know the 2nd group pretty well. It was really fun to help them learn."
- "Very positive up untie about one month ago. I noticed a major change in attitudes and the atmosphere & I’m not really sure why."
- "Warm, friendly, nice."
- "Awesome, friendly, family."
- "The atmosphere was small and friendly. I pretty much know everyone’s names at the school and was asking people for help."
- "Focused, friendly and fun! Classes are smaller which means a close bond is formed between your classmates and instructors."
- "Good. Our group was like a family. There is a lot of drama outside of our class."
- "The atmosphere at school was very friendly and inviting. I felt all of the staff was enthusiastic and eager to help students if needed, and that they went the extra mile to make sure we were successful."
- "It is really busy atmosphere, because we only had one educator for some time. It was kind of hard."
- "Welcoming, caring, loving."
- "The atmosphere is busy which is good and energetic. Except the morning sometimes…haha."
- "Very feminine, and driven."
- "At times it could be distracting. Drama is inevitable. But most of the time the atmosphere was good."
- "Negative! There is an underlining negative energy all the time! I chose not to participate as much as I could."
- "The atmosphere changed for me during my program. At first it was very inspiring and supportive! I felt very cared for and confident in my education. That feeling changed to a very stressful and frustrating one. The school felt very unorganized and I felt my educators “checked out” mentally and I now feel unprepared."
- "Sometimes unstructured, but good most of the time. Energetic educators."
- "Friendly by students but a bit negative at times by some staff members."
- "I attended all 3 campuses and each had their own culture. They all were low key & high energy at the same time. Very welcoming."
- "The atmosphere at Evergreen I would describe is learning about different feelings and overwhelming bad and good."
- "Half of the students loved what they were doing & the other half spent most of their time cussing about how much they hated it here. Personally, that is their issue, but my clients really don’t like hearing about it."
- "Laid back, but the cosmos always seem stressed out or mad about something, it makes everyone else stressed & mad."
- "Fun atmosphere, students get a lot of freedom to make the most of their experience."
- "Messy. Overall kind of plain. When you walk in it looks nice but seems very bare. As far as the feel its upbeat, loud."
- "Tense, walking on eggshells, nuts and bolts with Chandra was my favorite time."
- "The first four and half months of my experience at Evergreen Beauty College left much to be desired. The staff and students try and keep a positive atmosphere and make a show of camaraderie, and as an “outsider” it looks to be very genuine. The staff always greet you with a mile, students are will mannered and mild tempered, and it’s always lively and upbeat when customers are around. I must say, the cosmetology program looks like a lot more fun than my experience with the Esthetics department. When I began school Evergreen Beauty College in January of 2013, a former employee was the head of the Esthetics department, because of her, I feel that the environment at school was hostile, stressful, anxious, pessimistic, and frankly miserable. I regret that the vast majority of my education was under the rule of someone who so clearly did not enjoy her job, nor her students. In the week ( or so) that she’s been absent from the program, however I have noticed a vast improvement in the quality of my overall experience. Ms. Rodnina is a wonderful instructor who loves her joy and her students and has a very optimistic and positive attitude. She is a joy to be around, and has been the silver lining through all of this."
- "Family oriented. Everyone is like a big huge family."
- "I feel comfortable here. It’s nice and professional although sometimes the girls’ gossip and it’s in front of clients which isn’t cool."
- "I think the atmosphere is professional and friendly."
- "Loud, but overall everyone seemed to get along and work well together."
- "Warm and friendly."
- "Fast paced and good environment."
- "Upbeat and energetic."
- "Overall happy and motivating."
- "Lots of energy with the educators. Some negativity on Monday mornings."
- "Upbeat and fun."
- "Tense and stressful."
- "Very friendly, open minded, fun lot of fun Fun, yet focused. Never a dull moment which made classes fun and engaging."
- "Inviting, supportive."
- "Positive and fun! I think as long as the student are doing their part it makes for a greater experience."
- "I would describe it friendly and always full of cheer. That’s what brought me into Evergreen Beauty College."
- "Some days awesome other days were good."
- "Warm and friendly."
- "Warm and welcoming most of the time, but every beauty school will have off days. Just like any salon/spa."
- "Family, happy, feel good environment."
- "I love the atmosphere, enjoyed everyone in the school."
- "I feel like the atmosphere is different every day. As long as you hang out with the right people its okay. But it’s very easy to tell when someone is in a bad mood as it tends to rub off on all the students. If people work on being more positive then it’ll improve."
- "Friendly atmosphere. People care about one another."
- "The atmosphere and moral of the Esthetics department in particular was very depressing. It felt military like most of the time with no emotional connection. KC was condescending and demeaning on a daily basis. She belittled me, talked down to me and scolded me unnecessarily in front of others for simply asking a question or attempting to clarify something as simple as how a test would be formatted or asking a valid question regarding a service. When you do not have support nor help from your educator and are told repeatedly not to ask questions, it can make it difficult to get decent education and nearly impossible to make school a good experience. "
- "The atmosphere at the school is positive and welcoming."
- "Great! Loved going to school here!"
- "Professional, upbeat, teamwork."
- "Caring, loving, supportive and extremely educational. Always up to date with the latest info to help us with our new careers."
- "As family like as possible while still being a professional learning environment."
- "Friendly, welcoming, busy, vague about some classes."
- "Very friendly and like a professional salon."
- "Like a beauty school. I didn’t really get a salon feel but there is talent in the school that allows us to realize this I just the start/beginning for students."
- "Friendly, warm, inviting."
- "Creative, fun and encouraging, sparkly and pretty."
- "Clean and very outgoing. Friendly and a nice place to be."
- "Laid back, productive."
- "Friendly and clean."
- "The atmosphere at school was never bad, people were friendly when clients arrived. Students while with a client other student would walk by and give compliments. But overall I made some good friends and great memories."
- "Atmosphere is created by people. And also people get influenced by the atmosphere. In general, the atmosphere at school is pretty good. Sometimes it felt like we’re a big family. But we’re at school, we’re here to learn things, practice things, not having fun and making friends. At School, I feel like we need a few student leaders that would lead the students to do their credits while they don’t have clients."
- "The atmosphere is upbeat and busy."
- "It really depends on who is there and what mood they are in. Camalita is always happy, others tend to wear their feelings on their face. Regardless of who was there…I always was able to get through the day with a smile. I always loved coming to school."
- "The atmosphere is cheerful, professional, and friendly."
- "I would say the atmosphere is fun and promotes a causal learning style. There is usually lots going on and sometimes it’s hard to concentrate. For the most part, it was fine."
- "Well put together, had an awesome time and learned a lot."
- "It was a very family oriented environment that was friendly and warm while still remaining very professional."
- "The family like atmosphere."
- "Very upbeat, fun, exciting and professional."
- "Professional but relaxed."
- "A friendly and fun learning atmosphere."
- "Family, ever changing."
- "Fun, educational and hands-on."
- "The atmosphere at Evergreen Beauty School is a very cozy place that make me feel like I was with my family. I admire a lot and what I am going to be missing is the kindness and smile of all the staff members all day long, and how professional my educator are."
- "It’s always positive."
- "To me our culture means striving to be a better person than the day before. It also means embracing change in our personal and professional lives so that we can grow."
- "Very upbeat and fun."
- "Generally positive. The structure is great, as it gives the students minimal time to sit around and gossip."
- "Atmospheres are clean, fun and safe. Location is convenient, close to restaurants and grocery stores."
- "We care because we are family, and each student and staff member is embraced into that family. We all work together for a common cause, and that is to create a fun, strong, consistant, caring, and nurturing learning environment with energy and passion. This culture can be hard sometimes, because we all hold each other accountable, but it gves us so much room to grow and become a great team and great leaders in this industry that we all love!"
- "The atmosphere in the beginning was extremely welcoming and educational. I honestly feel that the atmosphere has changed in the last month or so to being a little tense."
- "Family like and encouraging."
- "The atmosphere at school was ok."
- "This is what I believe is the Evergreen Culture………"
- "We strive to have the highest quality in the way we carry ourselves professionally, and personally."
- "We support all team members with both professional, and personal levels."
- "We all know that what we want to achieve takes a team, not an individual."
- "We are pushed to be uncomfortable in order to grow even when we don’t think we want to be."
- "We compromise, and agree to disagree when needed."
- "Family environment."
- "Overall friendly, motivated, thriving to succeed."
- "Laid back. It seems like everyone is doing their own thing, which sometimes is nice, but most of the time I wanted someone there and telling us what we should work on."
- "I think it’s a positive environment with a very family like atmosphere."
- "I feel like the atmosphere sometimes was childish. Especially when everyone supports everyone else to be professional, but then we have to pause what we are doing to do a dance video, I don’t know."
- "I felt like at times the atmosphere was too laid back and not enough structure."
- "A very positive one. I do feel and hear from others that they are not sure what they are supposes to be doing. Everyone just kind of hung out waiting for a client."
- "Appreciate the educators."
- "Fun, exciting and inviting."
- "Sweet, it’s loving and friendly."
- "Loving, happy, warm, helpful, soothing."
- "It’s friendly and mostly it is really as if all of us are family."
- "All our guiding principals, Growing wholistically, Professionalism, Family, Love, Support, Stability, Passion, Growth."
- "The atmosphere was good in the beginning, but something changed halfway through our program. It seemed like there was much more tension after the New Year, and then after our schedule changed it seemed to really go downhill."
- "The atmosphere at school is positive and uplifting. If you’re ever having a bad day, there is someone there to put a smile on his face."
- "At times school was a little tense due to schedule changes and changing/loss of our current teacher. Other times, I enjoyed the assemblies and smiles us girls gave each other. We as students had to adjust to make the best of the sometimes “fight it out” environment."
- "Positive and fun. Always trying to remain professional as well was the goal."
- "Our culture is a place to help you grow, learn and challenge yourself and with guided support become the best at what you do. To express your creative technical and business knowledge, and to share your talents and all that you know with others to encourage them to be their best."
- "The atmosphere is overall easy to be dealt with. It is a school with a ton of girls, but if you came with the attitude of here to learn and not be catty, the days went by smoothly."
- "Positive, friendly, inviting."
- "I think in the beginning it was good. Everyone was very helpful. Phase I was fun because we got to listen to music and go a lot of hands on experience along with our theory. Phases 2&3 we were kind of just here. We learned a lot and things were ok, but as we went on with all the changes and different educators things kind of got frustrating. People’s energy started to come down and become more negative with a lot of whining."
- "Close knit family place. Everyone is welcome no matter how different you are."
- "Dramatic and stressful. Unnecessarily Challenging by Instructors. Some days are good days here, more ran like a business and less like a school."
- "Very stressful and difficult due to the instructor and many unhappy classmates. The other classes didn’t seem to have that problem."
- "Also be professional and honest, accountability, ingrity & value, family & fun, team work, communication, love what do, and structure."
- "Atmosphere is always very joyful. So many people and different personalities make you feel comfortable."
- "Fun, upbeat, exciting."
- "Very welcoming atmosphere."
- "Warm and inviting."
- " Comfortable and fun."
- "Fun, outgoing, uplifting. EBC has a great learn of educators who truly want the best for you. They are down to business but also keep things fun, exciting, which I think is vital to a good atmosphere."
- "It’s friendly and loving, everyone in there cares about your future and wants you to succeed. I think the client can feel that as well."
- "Busy, girly, noisy."
- "Fun. When people had a bad attitude she knew how to turn things around."
- "Modified high school/college."
- "Learning with fun under tone. This is a family atmosphere."
- "I think obviously my class went through many of the transitions and sometimes because of it got shorted on time and education but I can see the vision Evergreen has and I know a community with optimistic attitude is where Evergreen is headed. Students are one and teachers genuinely care for the students and their education."
- "Outgoing, open and happy and clean."
- "The atmosphere was upbeat, I enjoyed having the educators hold the door in the mornings and greeting us. Mr. Joe also knows all the students names. There was some negativity in the Esthetics dept."
- "Welcoming and accepting of all individuals."
- "Fun, relaxed."
- "The atmosphere at school is comfortable and exciting. I feel all the educators make an effort to make both of these happen."
- "Fun yet focused. Never a dull moment which make classes fun and engaging."
- "Inviting, supportive."
- "Positive and fun. I think as long as the students are doing their part, it makes for a greater experience."
- "I would describe it as friendly and always full of cheer that is what brought me into Evergreen Beauty College."
- "Some days awesome other days not good."
- "Friendly but frequently unprofessional."
- "Fun, Fabulous, Family- School had and atmosphere that make coming there feel like coming home. Positive encouragement from educators that truly cared made the classroom a favorite place to be."
- "The culture: It always felt like I was apart of a family."
- "Warm and friendly."
Testimonials from Industry Professionals
Evergreen Beauty College
" Your facilities are beautiful, the integration of advance hair cutting systems and business curriculum into your training is empowering, and your unique philosophy will give your students the tools to not only be highly skilled stylists, but more importantly, highly skilled business people. As SEVEN, the salon, continues to grow, we are excited to hire on Evergreen graduates as part of our elite team. We have a great respect for your school, your family and your staff and are proud to partner with you."
– Adam Guenther, Director of Operations, 7 Salon: 5 stars
Evergreen Beauty College
" I have several graduates from Evergreen Beauty working for me. It has been my experience that these employees enter the work force with a strong technical background and a knowledge of what is expected in our industry. Evergreen’s graduates easily assimilate into our culture and they come to us ready to work with little need for training outside of our standardized requirements. As a plus for us, Evergreen graduates have an understanding of the importance of retail sales. I believe this is a result of the quality training they received at Evergreen."
– Thomas Kearney, Spa Director - Mill Creek InSpa: 5 stars
Evergreen Beauty College
" In an industry where salons and spas can create their own concept schools, students undoubtedly receive education biased towards the needs of the corporation and not the needs of the students. We appreciate Evergreen’s objective view towards education that is not based on trends, or concepts, natural/organic, or whatsoever. The philosophy at Evergreen is unique because they apply a holistic perspective to their training with an intense focus on personal development and they have an honest and true commitment to their students. Evergreen’s commitment to their staff, students and alumni is very special."
– Sense Nail Spa: 5 stars
Evergreen Beauty College
" Evergreen Beauty not only has made available the highest quality, professional salon education estheticians, nail techs, and stylists, but they provide mentors, role models and a direction for students futures. They give students real world experiences in dealing with clients one-on-one in a salon environment and truly learn how to focus their skills beyond the chair and into their business of gaining and retaining clients, increasing their service dollar and their retail sales. This makes for a great platform for encouraging personal mastery, instilling the desire for continuing education, and bringing skills to a salon and salon owner beyond a great haircut! I am confident in the education that Evergreen Beauty and Barber are providing to new stylists coming into this amazing industry that I always stand by my recommendation of Evergreen’s students to salons and spas for employment!"
– Marci Christopherson, Northern Regional Manager, Salon Services: 5 stars
Evergreen Beauty College
" From serving as a member of the school’s Advisory Board and manager of several Great Clips Salon, based on the quality of your graduates, your facility, your business training program, and the background of your instructor, I confidently believe Evergreen Beauty is one of the Northwest’s leading educator’s in the industry."
– Kathy Cheeks, Great Clip Salon Manager: 5 stars
Evergreen Beauty College
" Spa Scotta, day spa and chic boutique, is proud to have a relationship with Evergreen. The students at Evergreen receive a thorough education in both technical and business skills. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Evergreen to potential students as I believe they would receive an outstanding education and enjoy the experience at this institution."
– Jessica Campbell, Owner/Esthetician, Spa Scotta: 5 stars
Testimonials from Students
" I attended Evergreen Beauty College in 2009 for esthetics. I will never forget the moment I first walked in the school to learn about my opportunities and to get a tour. I was greeted with a warm hand shake and big welcoming smile. There was never a negative moment in my experience there, as all of the staff were always helpful and positive. I felt completely comfortable talking to any of the staff members about any concerns I may have had, and even enjoyed sharing laughs and stories in our free time. The class I was in felt like my own little family, and I truly woke up every morning excited to go to school. With the experience I got at Evergreen, I began working immediately at a high end spa in Bellingham, WA as an esthetician. I worked there for 4 years until I recently moved to Portland. It was quite easy for me to find the two esthetics jobs I have now, as I gained a lot of confidence and skills from attending Evergreen and from my work history in Bellingham. If you are looking to go to school for esthetics, nail tech, barbering or cosmetology, want to learn AND have fun, happy experiences, I highly recommend checking out Evergreen Beauty and Barber College. I can't wait to go back to visit, and to get some treatments from the students!"
– Emily Silverman: 5 stars
" I went to Evergreen Beauty College in Everett and it has been such a blessing to go here. The staff and students both together made my experience so so amazing. I can't stress enough that they were my family. It's been a long and hard road for me, and everyday, I got a hug and a smile and was asked "how are you doing today?" Evergreen truly cares about me. The educators shaped me into the professional and the woman I am today and I'm forever going to be in their debt. I'm going to miss them so much and I promise I'll come back and visit. Chandra, Laurie, Deanne, Lauren, Bethany, Heather, John, Mimi, Lisa N., Lisa H., Maria, Tom, Joe, Jhemini, Sarah, Amanda, Thi, Frank, Erica, Cynthia, Lauren, and Liz I LOVE YOU GUYS. Every person at one point in time made me feel so special and thank you so so much. I will tell everyone I know what an amazing school i went to and it has been nothing but a positive experience for me. Thank you again."
– Anonymous: 5 stars
" Although I appreciate the training from the Juarez nearly 15 years ago. The family energy, feeling and purpose of Evergreen Beauty College is A-Mazing!! Each one cares not only for their business but they care that each students is a success. Thank you Thi Trieu, Frank Trieu and Joe Trieu."
– Anonymous: 5 stars
" Evergreen Beauty College has an outstanding nail program and I highly recommend it. As a 30 year industry veteran nail tech it pleases me to see an outstanding program that you cannot find at any other school that offers nail training. Each year I get to interact with Lauren Geller, the nail instructor and her students at the NW Nailtech Networking Event. An event that no other school participates at.......Kudos to Lauren and her staff for making this event happen for their students!"
– Vicki Peters, Master Nail Tech: 5 stars
" It took me one year to decide that I wanted to go to school for esthetics. It took me one visit to Evergreen Beauty to decide that this was the school for me. Not only is the school clean and professional, but it also provides a support system for each student in each program that is unmatched by some of its competitors. During my time at Evergreen I grew as a person and an Esthetician in a way that I cant say I would have anywhere else. I received an education and training on advanced treatments that gave me the confidence and skills to be successful. At Evergreen you are not a student, you are a future professional and that is exactly how I was treated. The spa environment was one that showed me what it would be like working in a real spa.I was also shown how the business side of the beauty industry through the Nuts and Bolts class, which was extremely enlightening. I loved that Evergreen also provided opportunities for further education through classes and guest speakers. All in all, Evergreen helped me to become a well rounded person. Not only do I feel confident in my knowledge, my skills, and my ability to build life long relationships with my clients, but also in the the fact that Evergreen is behind me rooting for me as I pursue my passion in the real world. I would DEFINITELY recommend this school if you want to succeed."
– Anonymous: 5 stars
" I graduated from Evergreen Beauty and Barber College in April 2010. I started in the Barbering program and graduated in the cosmetology program after learning I could expand my learning.One thing that attracted me to evergreen was the fact that they had the Nuts & Bolts program and the welcoming hand shake from Theresa when I first arrived. I new that N & B would be a great tool to have, but never thought I would use it as much as I have. When I first decided to open my shop I remembered I needed a business plan, I spent many hours and late nights writing the "perfect" plan. I knew that I would be able to present it to the bank and get a loan so I could start my business. Well I was wrong, the plan was great but the bank was not willing to invest into a new business. I was disappointed that I had spent so much time building the first part of my business only to be turned down. To make a long story short I dusted myself and my N&B books off, I remember Jim's English accent reminding me of the 8 secrets to building a business. I knew I could not give up, I had to " get comfortable being uncomfortable" and I was very uncomfortable. After returning to the books I was able to rewrite an new business plan that brought my $30,000.00 projection to $17,000.00 and to make things better I used the tools to open my shop with everything I needed including equipment, product and material to renovate the space for just under $13,000.00. I was also able to negotiate 2 months free rent to renovate, then an additional 3 months free to build and establish a clientele. Thanks Jim. I am now the proud owner of a growing successful barber shop. Blades & Fades Barber Shop, LLC. I have been told that it takes at least two years to see a profit from a new business, but with all the tools I left the school with I started to see a profit in four months and now after 11 months I have an employee and have quadrupled my gross income from my first full month in business. For the staff at Evergreen they are amazing. I was taught well, but I have to say that the best thing was when I would come to school all the staff would ask how my family was doing, to me that made everyday worth being at school, they cared. I remember that when I was clapped out and that was my last time having to clock in, I felt relieved that I was done with school, but deep down I felt as though I was leaving a family. I was a new bird in the industry with the tools to learn to fly, and now my goal was to soar. I can't thank everyone there enough, and hope to one day go back and talk to other students about my success. Not everyone does as well as I do that leave there, but everyone could had they used the tools right that were put in there hands. Thanks to everyone at Evergreen and I look forward to seeing you again. Until then God Bless Logan Trott"
– Logan Trott: 5 stars