Watch the above 3 min video as Tiffany Ridley (Master Esthetician Student) shares the secrets she discovered transitioning from the life in the army to beauty school that allowed her the confidence to pursue the dream.
We Support Our Veterans Transitioning to Civilian Careers
Welcome to Veteran’s Services for Evergreen Beauty College. At Evergreen Beauty College, we are proud of our service men and women, and the sacrifices they and their families make for our country. We consider it a great honor to be in a position to support Veterans’ transition into successful civilian careers and assist members of their families as they pursue their rewarding futures. We proudly welcome veterans, military spouses, and family members! Evergreen Beauty College thanks you for your service to our country. We have developed our website in an effort to help you navigate the process required to use your education benefit.
APPROVED FOR VETERAN EDUCATIONAL BENEFITS
Evergreen Beauty College is approved for Veterans’ Educational Benefits. Programs at Evergreen Beauty College are approved by the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board’s State Approving Agency (WTECB/SAA) for enrollment of those eligible to receive benefits under Title 38 and Title 10, USC. Military Benefits that qualify for our programs include:
- Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill)
- Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)
- Chapter 32 (VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011 – Veterans Retraining Assistance Program [VRAP])
- Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill)
- Chapter 35 (Dependents Educational Assistance)
- MyCAA (Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts provide financial assistance for educational purposes for qualified military spouses
Students who wish to use veterans’ educational benefits should identify themselves to our Admissions Team as soon as possible so the proper enrollment certification procedures can be initiated for your program. If you don’t know what Chapter you are claiming, please contact the Department of Veterans’ Affair (1-888-442-4551). Veteran students need to meet the enrollment criteria of Evergreen Beauty College and accepted. Please bring a copy of your DD214 to your appointment to allow our Financial Counselors to help facilitate you to use your VA Benefits for schooling.
Military Spouses and Family Members
Military spouses and family members may be eligible for financial assistance through Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA). Co-sponsored by the Department of Defense and the Department of Labor to help active duty spouses earn portable careers, the MyCAA can help to pay for education expenses, including tuition, books, fees, tools and equipment, and licensing fees. To find out more, visit http://www.militaryonesource.mil/
It may also be possible for veterans to transfer unused benefits to spouses and children under the Post-9/11 GI Bill. The Department of Defense (DoD) determines whether or not you can transfer benefits to your family and once the Department of Defense approves benefits for transfer, the new beneficiaries can apply for them at the VA. Contact your Veteran Affairs benefit officer to find out more.
Steps to using your VA Education Benefits:
- If you are eligible for VA education benefits, you will need to complete and submit an application (VA form 22-1990) to the regional Veterans Administration Office. Begin the application process on the GI Bill Website.
- After submitting the application, you will receive written notification explaining the VA’s decision regarding your eligibility for the benefit program you applied for. If you are eligible, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) that specifies your eligible program, benefit rate, and length of eligibility. Once you receive your COE and are deemed eligible, you will need to submit a copy of your COE to the Financial Aid Office.
- Once you are enrolled at one of Evergreen Beauty College’s locations, a VA Certification Application must be completed and turned in for certification (depending on the applicable Chapter) the recipients wish to use their VA education benefits. Benefits will not pay unless this form is completed
Each Chapter has different eligibility requirements and benefits, so it is important to know the Chapter you are eligible for. To help find some of the direct resources, please see below:
- Educational Benefits: http://www.gibill.va.gov/
- GI Bill Resources: http://www.gibill.va.gov/resources/education_resources/programs/ncd.html
- Chapter 31:http://www.vba.va.gov/bln/vre/
- Chapter 33 – Post 9/11:http://www.gibill.va.gov/benefits/post_911_gibill/
- Apply online: http://www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/application/
- VRAP: http://benefits.va.gov/vow/education.html
How to Get Started
Evergreen Beauty College has 3 locations (Everett, Renton, and Yakima). Note: the Yakima Campus is still awaiting approval from the VA and WTECB/SSA. Getting started is easy, just call us or contact us for more information here.