Position: Cosmetology Educator
Reports To: Campus Director
Objective: Leading by example, supervising, educating and supporting students to ensure that we graduate cosmetologists, estheticians, nail techs and instructor trainees who will be successfully employed in the industry and will enhance the image and reputation.
What does being a Cosmetology/Hair Design Educator require?
The focus of a Cosmetology / Hair Design Educator centers around opportunities for involvement with other people in a supportive, stable, familiar and comfortable environment. The role requires a high degree of patience along with a need for warm, friendly and uncritical relations with students and guests. This position relies on understanding the requirements and an ability to continue to do those (often repetitive) tasks on a continuing basis without becoming frustrated. Listening to others is important in this position, as is the ability to make others feel comfortable. A genuine interest in the well being and development of others is equally important.
What you bring?
- This position requires a stable pace and structured, unchanging, familiar responsibilities. Time pressure and variety of task is not necessary in this position.
- People, not technical orientation. Attention to getting along well with others and serving the needs of others is a primary focus, along with a great teamwork ability. Familiar environment with familiar people and familiar tasks.
- Decisions are made based on a full understanding of the task and with enough time spent to feel completely comfortable with all of the information Not a position that requires quick decisions or decisions about new things
- Friendly supportive communication.
- This position develops long-term relationships and is genuinely interested in others as well as patient with them
- A good collaborator and team player and a strong ‘company’ advocate
- High degree of comfort in delegation is required: position involves delegation of both authority and much of the detail work Must quickly trust in others and be able to delegate easily, even with new people Leadership through building and maintaining strong relationships Light follow-up required on delegated tasks; a deep understanding of others’ capabilities and trust in their commitment is necessary
- Washington State Instructor License (Cosmetologist/Hair Design). However if you do not have your Instructor License, but feel as though you would be perfect for this, let us know and we can help you with that process!
What Our Employees Say
Evergreen has given me the opportunity to train future professionals, still own my own salon and unlimited personal growth.- Ena R.Educator read full testimonial
Evergreen Beauty College was the best choice I could have made as a second career decision. The job satisfaction is incomparable to anything I have ever experienced in my past.- Sonya K.Educator read full testimonial
What keeps bringing me back to Evergreen is the family atmosphere. That’s what made me want to …- Tamanda N.Educator read full testimonial
We choose to care for our employees on multiple dimensions instead of narrowly focusing on one (e.g. wages). We use a variety of short- and long-term incentives and benefits to attract & retain the right people. Click below on the icons to see our comprehensive benefit packages.