Reports To: Campus Director
Objective: Leading by example, supervising, educating and supporting students to ensure that we graduate cosmetologists, estheticians, nail techs and instructor trainees who will be successfully employed in the industry and will enhance the image and reputation.
What does being a Esthetics/Master Esthetics Educator require?
The focus of an Esthetics/Master Esthetics Educator is working with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within the training guidelines. The Educator need to be an effective communicator, someone who is able to stimulate and motivate students while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. There will be many different people to meet and work with. The Educator must be friendly and genuinely interested in the business, agenda, and needs of others, including the College, its team, its students and guests. A persuasive, teaching style of communication is required to communicate the College’s policies, programs, and systems. A faster-than average pace will be the norm. Detail work is a major focus of the role, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently. As an Educator, the focus is on relationships with others; correct handling of details dealing with others is necessary to maintain and grow relationships. The role will require managing and guiding students, therefore following up carefully, closely, and cheerfully is required to ensure both correct work and maintenance of the relationships. If corrections need to be made, it must be done in a constructive, supportive manner. Time is usually a factor, the responsibilities must be done on time, as well as correctly. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed fairly closely, while working with and for others.
What you bring:
- Very socially-focused; requires “how can I help you?” attitude. Lots of attention spent on building and maintaining relationships.
- Adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important to involve others in the decision-making; there is a need to build consensus rather than make decisions alone
- Open, flowing communication is important. Position requires working with and through others, especially in a helping role. There is a need for a persuasive, “selling” (rather than “telling”) communication style.
- Team environment: leader must be willing to jump in and roll up his/her sleeves to help out when necessary. Need someone who leads by example, with first-hand knowledge of area of expertise. Strong, friendly follow-up necessary on tasks delegated to ensure proper results
- Someone that understands each day different from the next; especially in personal interactions. Fast-paced environment. Multiple projects going simultaneously
- Washington State Instructor License (Esthetics/Master Esthetics). However if you do not have your Instructor License, but feel as though you would be perfect for this, let us know and we can help you with that process!
What Our Employees Say
Evergreen Beauty College was the best choice I could have made as a second career decision. The job satisfaction is incomparable to anything I have ever experienced in my past.- Sonya K.Educator read full testimonial
It’s been nearly 14 years since I have been here. The support and encouragement for growth is something I could never find anywhere else!- Lauren G.Educator read full testimonial
What keeps bringing me back to Evergreen is the family atmosphere. That’s what made me want to …- Tamanda N.Educator read full testimonial
We choose to care for our employees on multiple dimensions instead of narrowly focusing on one (e.g. wages). We use a variety of short- and long-term incentives and benefits to attract & retain the right people. Click below on the icons to see our comprehensive benefit packages.