Position: Guest Coordinator
Reports To: Guest Service Manager or Campus Director
Objective: Provide future professionals with guests to closely simulate salon environment so future professionals can graduate, become successfully employed in the Cosmetology/Esthetician/Nail Tech Industry, and enhance the industry image and reputation.
What does being a Guest Service Coordinator (GSC) require?
The duties of this position are primarily about making connections with other people (Students, Guests and Team members). Relationships are formed quickly, informally, and comfortably, and gaining the enthusiasm and cooperation of others. In this job, it is very important to connect with other people: to meet new and different people on a day to day basis, to quickly form relationships, and to use those relationships to get work done. Great attentiveness to other people is required: an ability to read other people, to listen to them, and to empathize with them. Much of the work centers around working with and through other people. The job involves persuading others through gaining an understanding of where they’re coming from, and using that information to bring them to your desired resolution. Communication is almost always of a “selling” rather than “telling” nature. A lively enthusiasm is necessary. Personal interactions will generally be upbeat and cheerful, requiring someone who is warm, helpful, and friendly. Others must be put at ease, and feel welcome. This work is not detail-oriented in nature. The same easy-going, informal manner that is required of personal interactions carries over into any work products. The job is relatively free from direct involvement with details, with few strict guidelines. This job allows much flexibility in how the results are produced. There will be a fair degree of difference from one day to the next, especially with regard to personal interactions. There will be several “pots on the burner” at once, and a relatively quick pace is required to keep everything going smoothly.
What you bring:
- Conveys image appropriate and taste level for the beauty industry
- Each day different from the next; especially in personal interactions
- Fast-paced environment; multiple projects going simultaneously
- Extremely socially-focused
- Great deal of attention devoted to building and maintaining relationships
- We are looking for someone that is warm, empathetic, and helpful
- Anything but routine decisions must not be made in a vacuum: it’s very important to involve others in the process
- Most of the information that must be collected before making a decision comes from other people: customers, colleagues, students, etc
- Communication is energetic, lively, free owing, and informal
- Very persuasive, “selling” communication required
- Highly collaborative position: much time is spent working with others
- High degree of comfort in delegation is required: position involves delegation of both authority and details
- Must quickly trust in others and be able to delegate easily, even with new people
- Leadership through building and maintaining strong relationships
- Very little follow-up required on delegated tasks; a deep understanding of others’ capabilities and trust in their commitment is necessary
What our Employees Say
The owners has a set of guiding principles that are incorporated throughout the company that makes working for EBC very easy.- Shawna T.Guest Coordinator read full testimonial
It’s been nearly 14 years since I have been here. The support and encouragement for growth is something I could never find anywhere else!- Lauren G.Educator read full testimonial
I think the biggest thing that makes Evergreen stand out amongst the other places I have worked, is how much they challenge you to grow and change. Evergreen really does care.- Jenna T.Financial Counselor read full testimonial
We choose to care for our employees on multiple dimensions instead of narrowly focusing on one (e.g. wages). We use a variety of short- and long-term incentives and benefits to attract & retain the right people. Click below on the icons to see our comprehensive benefit packages.