10 Reasons to Attend an Accredited Beauty School
Accredited beauty schools consistently provide better education.
You earn a respected degree that gets taken more seriously than a degree from a non-accredited beauty college, as well as higher employment rates for graduates.
Beauty school accreditation requires school officials to attend accreditation training. This ensures their curriculum meets the necessary standards, while standardizing the education schools nationwide.
Students who are serious about their cosmetology career should always attend an accredited school.
The Accreditation Process
Beauty school accreditation is issued by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences (NACCAS). Every school looking to become accredited must follow certain steps.
• Get licensed
• Attend an accreditation workshop
• Develop a self-study document
• Have multiple site visits from NACCAS
• Maintain their level of education to stay current with national standards.
Following all these steps takes time, money, and effort from the entire school. It shows dedication to providing quality education to students.
The self-study document, in itself, takes months to prepare. Accredited institutions work hard to ensure they can provide the most comprehensive curriculum possible.
Accredited vs. Non-Accredited
There are ten big reasons why students should attend an accredited school:
1. Enjoy the peace of mind of knowing your school is respected in the beauty community.
It’s risky to attend a school that has not received full accreditation yet. It’s even more risky to choose one that has not even begun the accreditation process.
Choosing an accredited school means you focus on your education, instead of worrying your hard work will be wasted.
2. Qualify for federal financial aid. There is more funding available for students attending accredited schools. This includes scholarships, grants and loans.
3. Receive a better education. Students know that their education meets nationally recognized standards in the beauty industry.
4. Learn from a highly qualified teaching staff. These instructors often have more knowledge and more experience than those at non-accredited schools. They take their work seriously and refuse to work for non-accredited institutions.
5. Learn more about the beauty industry, nationwide. Instructors at accredited schools are usually more involved with professional organizations and local businesses. They can share trends and issues in the field with their students.
6. Get more real-world learning experience. Local businesses are often more willing to work with accredited colleges. This means students at those institutions enjoy more experience in the field.
7. Receive business training. Some accredited schools go one step further. They partner with local groups and schools to provide intensive business training. Their students learn how to run the administrative end of a beauty industry business.
8. Benefit from networking with beauty industry professionals. Students usually get more opportunities to network with the people they may work for someday. This is because the staff at accredited colleges are usually more connected to local businesses,
9. Earn a degree that is respected and taken seriously in the field. Degrees from accredited schools demand more consideration than degrees from non-accredited institutions. That respect opens more doors for graduates.
10. Find a job quickly and easily after graduation. The point of attending college is to get a job. It makes sense to choose an accredited school because those schools are held accountable for their employment rates.
Choosing an Accredited School
Beauty school accreditation is a labor-intensive process. That’s why choosing an accredited school is in your best interest.
If you’re interested in attending beauty school, be sure to do your research. Make sure that you get the most for your money and receive an education that actually helps you get a job.