Do You Know What Your Perfectly Styled Eyebrows Say About You?
Fashion and beauty trends may come and go, but some things stay the same. Well-groomed eyebrows will always be one of the best ways to show off your facial features and build your look. Do you take pride in the shape of your brows?
The Evolution of the Brow
Eyebrow shape preferences have changed greatly over time and keeping up with the trends is no small feat. From thin, over tweezed lines to all natural looks, we’ve seen it all. Today, many women are letting their brows grow in while keeping them groomed and gorgeous. Thick brows are making a comeback in a big way, creating a bold look and drawing attention to eyes.
Finding Your Best Shape
While full brows are on trend, there isn’t one brow shape that is consistently right for every woman. The key is to find the best shape for your face and features. Start by determining the shape of your face, then take a look at your brow tip.
• Square Shape: A rounded brow will help to even out the angles of your face.
• Heart Shape: Keep your brows well groomed to avoid taking over the rest of your features.
• Oval Shape: Follow the lines of your natural brow, allowing for a slight arch, but steering clear of harsh lines.
• Round Shape: It’s all about the angles to create lines and give your facial features some added interest.
• Long Shape: Extending the horizontal line of your brow will balance out the long lines of your face.
Stick with Symmetry
When grooming your eyebrows, symmetry is the key. It has been proven over and over that symmetrical features are considered aesthetically appealing. One way to gain symmetry is to manipulate the shape of your brows. Keeping the brows natural, but even, can add to your facial symmetry and allow the focus to be on your other features.
Get an Instant Facelift
Are you looking for a way to quickly and dramatically change your look? Start with your eyebrows. Eyebrows are an important part of the beauty routine. They frame the face, creating a blank canvas for the rest of your makeup.
Grooming your brows will also help to open up the eye area. This will draw attention up and away from under-eye bags or drooping that can come with age.
Keeping Brows in Check
We know that eyebrow grooming is important, but how can you achieve and maintain the best look for your face? We have a few tips to get you started.
• Take it slow when it comes to tweezing. Avoid getting carried away and over tweezing. Skip the wax all together and opt for tacking one stray hair at a time.
• Fill in with powder. Using powder makeup with an angled brush can help to fill in sparse brows. Use makeup a shade lighter than your natural hair color to get the best look.
• Tweeze the bottom of the brow. This will allow you to play with the shape of your eyebrows. Try not to tweeze on top, which will change the shape of your arch and lead to bare spots.
Will you be giving your eyebrows some extra attention? Spend some time tweezing, shaping, and grooming your brows to change your look and flatter your features.