What Type Of Flat Irons Do Professionals Use?
If you are considering cosmetology as a profession, it is essential to use the correct tools, especially a professional flat iron. Here is a closer look at the various kinds of flat irons as well as the average cost of each.
Different Types Of Professional Flat Irons
Flat irons come in different shapes and materials. When a professional is choosing which flat iron to use, it is vital to find one that will provide quality results. Here are a few of the possible materials:
- CeramicCeramic flat irons are known to provide even heat distribution as well as burning less of the hair.
- TourmalineThis is a high quality material that will provide years of styling ability. Tourmaline heats up quickly and leaves hair with a shiny and healthy appearance.
- IonicThis material is probably one of the best on the market for a flat iron. It helps to keep frizziness to a minimum and locks moisture into the hair. Hair will be left very shiny.
- AluminumProbably one of the least effective materials to use on a flat iron is aluminum. It does not keep a true temperature and can end up damaging the hair.
How Much Do Flat Irons Cost?
As with all products, there will be different prices depending on the features you want. For professional hairstylists, it’s important to choose a flat iron that will work well for them over an extended period of time. There is a strong relationship between the cost of a flat iron and the way that it will work. Most quality flat irons will cost between $100 and $200.
Which Flat Irons Are Best?
- Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic Styling Iron This product contains revolutionary technology that lets a person create a style quickly without damaging hair. It has one inch plates which leave hair healthy and shiny. There are anti slip edges which take in all of the hair. This makes the pass smooth without leading to damage. You can find this kind of flat iron for around $200.
- Babyliss PRO Nano Titanium 1 1/4 Inch IronThis product uses an ionic generator and titanium to make a safe way of heating hair from within which limits damage to the hair. The flat iron maintains the proper temperature while giving off negative ions which seal the hair shafts and preserve moisture. Temperature is fully adjustable and the price is listed around $160.
- Solia Tourmaline Ceramic Flat IronThis product contains a Dynamic Alignment System. It supplies even heat and reduces frizziness and damage. It is one of the most affordable options, with a price of $80.
It is important for a hair stylist to use high quality tools. A professional flat iron is a frequently used piece of equipment. There are different varieties available and it is essential to understand the differences and research which will work best for you.