What Career Opportunities Are Available In The Field Of Cosmetology?
There are a number of great career opportunities in cosmetology. You may find the career that fits your interest and goals. Cosmetologists, which are sometimes called cosmeticians, are professionals who perform treatment on the skin, nails and hair in order to enhance beauty.
You can work with hair, skin and nails, but most cosmetologist choose to specialize in one specific area. Once you get your cosmetology license, you will be able to get a job as a product representative, cosmetology instructor or general consultant. Below are some of the additional careers that you may get in the field of cosmetology:
Career Opportunities in Cosmetology
- Makeup Artist- This is a career that obviously involves skin and cosmetology. Makeup artists spend their days doing makeovers in department stores, spas and salons. They can also do costume makeup in theater and film.
- Esthetician- This is another option that is available for people who want to specialize in skin care. An esthetician is also referred to as a non-medical skin care specialist. Estheticians can perform a variety of skin care treatments. Some of those treatments include electrolysis, facial treatments, laser hair removal and facial massage. It is important to note that some of these treatments may require extra training.
- Hair Removal Specialist- If you do not want to perform all of the typical esthetician duties, then you may want to consider becoming a hair removal specialist. An esthetician performs rejuvenating treatments, facials and massages. As the name suggests, a hair removal specialist is a professional who performs a variety of hair removal treatments.
Cosmetology Careers In Hair Care
- Hair stylist- This is the most popular career choice among cosmetology students. Hair stylists are required to do a lot more than cut and shampoo hair. They are required to know how to style, repair, shape, color and relax both men and women’s hair.
- Barber- Barbering is a field in cosmetology that is focused on men. Barbers do a lot more than just cut hair. They also remove, shape and trim facial hair. Additionally, they need to know how to care for men’s skin.
Careers In Nail Care
If you are interested in having a career in nail care, then you should become a manicurist. A manicurist is a professional who shapes, cleans and finishes nails. Manicurists also apply, prepare, clean and finish fake nails. This career is not as versatile as other careers, but it is still in high demand.