How Beauty Schools Handle Placement in the 2015
MODERN SALON Media Vice President/Group Publisher Steve Reiss announced the 2015 Excellence in Education top honorees on Saturday, October 24, 2015, at the AACS Annual Convention & Expo in Phoenix, Arizona.
Their local Seattle beauty school group Evergreen Beauty College was honored Top Placement Programs for beauty schools across North America for the multi-unit category for best job placement initiatives for their student body and graduates.
The full detail story published here in Modern Salon Media.
Some the highlighted areas for Evergreen Beauty College job placement initiatives have been:
- Exit Interviews
- Every students receives an exit interview with the college to ensure they have everything they need in preparation for their license and looking for a job. If they do not have a job yet, Evergreen seeks different opportunities and notifies our students who are not placed
- Staying in Touch
- We have a team that makes salon visits as well as follows graduates on facebook to ensure the bridge between school & being a professional.
- Gift Baskets
- Once Evergreen hears from their graduate where they work, there is a gift basket sent from the owners of Evergreen to recognize the accomplishment to our graduate to share with their new team.
- Online Job Board
- The school’s website ad has an online job board for salons, spas and barbershops that are looking for Evergreen graduates specifically. This gives the students exactly who the contact person is versus not knowing who to drop their resumes off to. Check it out to see the hundreds of jobs available in the local marketing looking for EBC’s graduates.
- Networking Opportunities
- There are so many opportunities between competitions, guest artist invited in salons and spa panels in more for students to talk directly with the people making the hiring decisions.
- Salon & Spa owners and managers attending graduation
- At graduation, Evergreen is supplied by managers and owners of the local businesses looking to offer graduates a career in the beauty industry. It doesn’t get better than having a potential employer at your graduation ready to congratulate you.
- Northwest Salon & Spa Exchange
- The school hosted the first ever exchanges this spring with more than 40 salons and spas in attendance to discuss the industry and changes for employment in the industry. Students met these industry leaders for networking opportunities afterward.
- Evergreen also helped Nuts & Bolts Business Training launch NabLink, an online placement program.