Optimize Your Google Business Account
How to Represent Your Business on Google
If people don’t learn about your business from word-of-mouth marketing, they’ll discover it on Google, so you want to portray the best and most accurate image of your brand, place of business, and services.
The best business practice is to represent your business honestly on Google, so offering misleading information in any way about what services your business provides is a major faux pas. So, avoid even flirting with the idea of adding overly embellished information to your business account.
Add all the services your salon offers, including hair styling, cutting, blowouts, blonding, or coloring. You can highlight special services. For example, if you have a stylist specializing in a particular type of hairstyle, like balayage or shag cuts, be sure to add it to Google.
It may catch the eye of a client looking for those styles.
Here are some steps you can take to elevate your Google business account:
- If a customer enjoyed your salon services, ask them if they wouldn’t mind posting a review on Google.
- Add clean, professional photos to your business account of the outside and inside of your business.
- Add images of the best haircuts, facials, and nails done by your staff.
- Ensure your address is up to date.
- Ensure your business hours are up to date.
- If your hours change during the holidays, make sure your Google business account reflects that.
- Do you have a couple of bad reviews? Respond to them politely and professionally.
How To Manage Bad Reviews
Even the best businesses with the best of intentions will inevitably get a few bad reviews. Even in a sea of good reviews, that one bad review can stick out like a sore thumb and can leave you feeling defeated. Don’t despair! Give the customer the benefit of the doubt. Always take responsibility if your client was in the wrong, or tactfully apologize for the customer’s negative experience. Assure them that it is unique to receive anything but shining reviews, and you would be happy to address their concerns.
Always include social media links or icons on your website so that Google will populate it on your business account. Your social media should mirror all of the efforts you pour into your business account. Keep it professional, relevant, and tasteful, and show off all of the creative work your staff has been producing.
Performance and Insights
Administrators can track analytics and gather customer reviews on the Google Business Profile. Monitor all of the interactions and learn how to optimize the user experience.
Booking Online and Business Performance
Add a booking integration function to your business account so customers can easily book appointments as soon as they find you, and you can track each successful booking.
Under the Business Performance Report, locate:
- Users seeking out directions to place of business
- Call button clicks (add your phone number for tracking)
- Website clicks
- Bookings (must have a built-in booking integration)
- Search queries
- Unique visitors
If you have aspirations of opening your own salon, barber shop, esthetician office, or nail parlor, visit Evergreen Beauty College and learn more about what our courses offer.