How to Exfoliate Your Face Naturally
Exfoliation is a great way to get rid of dead skin cells and create new skin cell production which is why it is helpful to know how to exfoliate face naturally. Usually such tricks are reserved for those in the beauty industry training in the esthetics field. However; great tips are meant to be shared. There are a few things you should know.
Natural Face Scrubs for Exfoliation
The good news is that you can easily create a natural exfoliation scrub from simple ingredients you have in your kitchen. There are a few ingredients you should consider:
- Baking soda- The grains of this make it just right to exfoliate the skin gently.
- Sugar- The small grains of the sugar can help with exfoliation and it will add glycolic acid to the scrub to help improve the texture of your skin as well as even skin tone.
- Coffee- Not only does this smell great but it also has anti-inflammatory properties and may even help with collagen production. Just make sure you go with ground coffee and not whole coffee beans
- Oatmeal- This is calming on the skin and is the most common ingredient for natural exfoliation.
You can choose one or two of these ingredients and then mix it with other ingredients to make a scrub. You can use honey, lemon juice or even milk as the other ingredients in the scrub.
How to Perform Natural Face Exfoliation
You want to start out by removing any makeup you may have on your face. You should wash your face as normal. Use warm water on your face to open up the pores. Then you will want to use your natural scrub on your face. Make sure you work in circles.
While you want to work it into the skin, be sure that you do not use too much pressure as this can damage the skin. Continue to massage it into your skin for 3 to 5 minutes to ensure that it has properly eliminated the dead skin cells. When you are done, rinse your face and pat it dry. Be sure that you follow it up with a moisturizer.
Tips to Keep in Mind
There are a few tips that can help you to get the best results:
- When trying out a new scrub, do it at night so you will know if there is an adverse reaction and to give your skin more time to recover.
- Just because you are not allergic to an ingredient does not mean that you will not have a reaction when it is used on your face.
- Exfoliation is not designed to be used every day, but rather a couple times a week.
- Having a good facial cleanser can help eliminate dead skin cells as well.
- If you are not sure what ingredients are right for your natural face exfoliation scrub, talk with your dermatologist.