10 Ways to Know that You’re Not Amazing at Doing Your Nails
It happens to us all. Perhaps you’ve seen some amazing nails on Pinterest and think, “that looks easy enough!” But when you sit down to recreate the look, everything goes wrong, turning this exercise into a complete nail disaster.
From simple manicure maintenance to nail varnish and false nail removal, the process of doing your nails can either run smoothly, or turn into a nightmare.
Of course, most nail art looks better on beauty websites than it does in real life. But nothing could prepare you for the state of your nails once you’ve finished trying out the latest look. After all, we all know the dangers of glitter nail polish. To make light of the situation, here are 10 ways to know that you’re really not so amazing at doing your nails:
1. Clipper hell. You start off by innocently clipping your nails. Everything’s going just fine until you end up clipping one nail far too short. This provides you with your first dilemma: do you either leave the rest as they are, or start over again and clip all your nails again so they are the same length?
If you choose the latter option, there’s the chance you could make the same mistake again. Until you’ve clipped them so short that at least you can claim they’re hygienic.
2. Base coat or no base coat? Start as you mean to go on, right? That means using a proper base coat – gotcha! Only when you use your base coat, you find it’s so old and sticky, you end up not using one at all.
3. Hoorah! You’ve made it to the point of actually doing your nails! But wait – why do you have nail varnish on your knuckle? And your wrist? And the table? You end up getting nail varnish anywhere that is even in the nearby vicinity of your nails, because you’re just that messy.
4. As soon as you’ve finished painting your first coat, of course you need to go to the bathroom. Chances are you’re wearing jeans, and that tricky zipper is going to mean smudges. Well played.
5. Your phone is unusually quiet all day. But the second you’ve finished painting, suddenly it feels like Central Station. Do you need to reply to that text right now? Uh-oh…
6. You think the nail art on Pinterest is going to be so simple, even you could do it! This naiveté cannot end well.
7. Yep, you’ve gone in there with your glitter, foils and attempted polky dots and birdie shapes, and where have you ended up? That’s right, Chaos Town. Get the nail varnish remover and try again.
8. Glitter nail polish seems like the best idea you’ve ever had. Until it starts chipping off almost immediately and you have to remove it. Leaving you picking off bits of cotton balls stuck to your nails for hours.
9. You’ve finally gotten your nails as close to perfect as they’re ever going to get, when finally you blow on them to try. Then you pick up your phone way too soon to take an Instagram picture to show off your success on all social media platforms.
10. False confidence is a terrible thing. If you’ve succeeded at taking that photo, what else can you do now? Texting? Making coffee? Washing up? Wrong!
We hope you enjoyed this blog, as we can all relate to the perils and pitfalls of doing your nails at home. Of course, we’re never going to let that stop us. Good luck!