7 Things You Need to Know to Stop Wrinkles….at Any Age!
Mother’s Day has passed, but that doesn’t mean we as mothers, daughters, grandmothers should stop taking care of our skin just because you were treated to a glorious, and much deserved, facial for your special day!
Here are 7 different ways you can help your skin look it’s best and wrinkle-free at any age:
- As a licensed Esthetician, I will always and forever say to anyone asking for skincare advice: INVEST IN YOUR SKINCARE and NEVER neglect your skin. I’m OK if i don’t wash my hair for 3 days (and don’t necessarily need to use the high end products) or if I’m long overdue for a trim, but when it comes to skincare, I have no problem spending a little more to care for the outermost barrier of our bodies!
- Between the ages of 25-35 your main focus should be on prevention. It wouldn’t be a bad idea to start using products that have Retinol and Retin-A (vitamin A Complex) in them, especially if you are still fighting acne at this age, which many of us do. It’s not only great for anti-aging but also fighting acne as well!
- One treatment that has become more and more popular with 25-35 year olds, is Botox! If you can afford it and aren’t too afraid of needles, it can be a great way to prevent fine lines and wrinkles. It relaxes the muscles that form wrinkles before they’ve even had a chance to form.
- If you fall under the 35-45 year old age group, consider bumping up the vitamin A and C in your moisturizer to help with any pigmentation issues.
- There are laser treatments available that are considered more “gentle” and are great for this age range! They can get in and tackle any of the fine lines that may have formed 🙂
- 45+ as a rule of thumb, I would suggest rather than replacing certain items from your regimen, to adding more. I know it can be a lot with a cleanser, serums, exfoliators (two times a week!) eye creams, and moisturizers, they all target certain areas and signs of aging so don’t take anything out!
- And last but not least, again, if this is something you are willing to fork out the money for, fillers and Botox can be your best friend! Also, remember not to go overboard with these treatments, as you can end up looking very unnatural and actually do the opposite of what you’re trying to do….give your age away!
Of course, it’s important to remember that genetics do play a huge role in how we age. But if you try out the tips above, you can prevent as much as possible and look and feel your best at any age!