Another Undiscovered Technique For Cleaning Your Makeup Brushes
As a woman, one of your most valuable possessions may be your collection of makeup brushes. Whether you consciously realize it or not, these brushes significantly contribute to your life.
Think about it. You wear makeup every day, which helps boost your confidence level, which in turn enhances every aspect of your life. Without the proper brushes with which to apply your makeup, you wouldn’t get the same benefit. After all, it would be pretty difficult to get that eye shadow or blush on evenly without brushes.
Yet, if you’re like most women, you probably take your makeup brushes for granted. If this sounds like you, it’s time to re-evaluate your relationship with this vital tool.
How to Clean Your Makeup Brushes
While cleaning brushes is a simple process, there are a few things to remember. To effectively clean your brushes, start with baby shampoo. Yes, baby shampoo. Compared to other methods of cleaning brushes, this one is superior because it will not damage the bristles of your brush if done properly. This method is similar to others, but the baby shampoo sets it apart.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Hold the bristles of your brush under lukewarm water at a downward angle. Be careful not to get the handle wet, since that could cause the bristles to become loose. Also, make sure the water is not too hot, as extreme heat can damage your brushes.
- Mix one teaspoon of baby shampoo in one fourth cup of warm water, stirring the mixture to create bubbles.
- Swirl your brush bristles in the mixture, only saturating the bottom half in order to avoid water traveling up the handle of your brush.
- Remove the brush from the water, gently squeezing the excess water from the bristles.
- Hold the bristles of your brush under lukewarm water again, massaging them until the water coming from your brush is clear. Again, don’t get the handle wet.
- Pat the bristles with a lint-free cloth. After a few pats, reshape the bristles with your fingers.
- Lay flat on a clean towel. Total drying time could be several hours, so it’s best to clean your brushes before you go to bed and allow them to dry overnight.
Why You Should Regularly Clean Your Makeup Brushes
Cleaning brushes is more important than you may know. All kinds of unpleasant things build up on your brushes over time. Natural oils from your face, makeup residue, and bacteria are a few of the things you would find if you were to examine your brushes under a microscope. Do you really want to rub all of that on your face day after day? In addition, the life of your brushes will be prolonged if you clean them properly on a regular basis.
To learn more about cleaning your makeup brushes, research Evergreen Beauty College. Various tools are available, from our blog posts to our cosmetology courses. Contact us today for more information!