A Beauty School’s Guiding Principles
The Evergreen Beauty College’s Team members all have a commitment to the future of their students’ education and live and make decisions base on the following Guiding Principles. At the end of each year, all the staff members vote on who embodies each principle the most.
E V E R G R E E N G U I D I N G P R I N C I P L E S
“Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier…” – Mother Teresa
1. Our Future Professionals: We are committed to building the best future professional. Our experience shows that if we empower the future professional technically, professionally, and personally, our own success will follow.
2. Our Educators and Staff. Our Educators and Staff define our company and create our reputation. We strive to identify, recruit and develop the most respected educators and staff as we know that without the most respected people, we cannot be the most respected school. We enable our people to maximize opportunities for professional development by defining, incenting and recognizing high standards of excellence. We understand that our career is a mission, not a job, and will help our future professionals to understand this wonderful opportunity.
3. Integrity. Our reputation is our most important asset and integrity is the heart of our business. We expect our people to uphold and engage in ethical behavior in everything they do; both in their work and in their personal lives. We ask our people to use their best judgment at all times, and do the right thing with conviction, compassion, courage and humility. Our business is highly competitive, and we aggressively seek to expand our relationships. However, we must always be fair competitors and must never put down other schools.
4. Leadership. We will be a world-class leader in every aspect of our business and lives and believe each person is both a leader and follower. We create a place that encourages creative thinking, innovation, and prudent risk-taking. We consider size as an asset; we want to be big enough to serve our future professionals, yet small enough to maintain the loyalty, intimacy and spirit. We choose to lead as being the best, not the biggest.
5. Teamwork & Family. We value the family culture of respect, love, dedication and unity. This is our work place environment. Together we are greater than any one of us. We will succeed together in an environment of open communication, unselfish contribution and active collaboration.
6. Dedication and Accountability. The dedication of our people to our school and the intense effort they give to their jobs are greater than one finds in most other organizations. We know this is an important part of our success. We demonstrate and expect accountability. Accountability is more than demonstrating follow-through on what we say we’re going to do. We measure people on the results they achieve against the commitments they make. Whatever the outcome (positive or negative) we learn and become better by holding ourselves and one another accountable.
7. Our Community: We are part of a greater community and will work to share the gifts that we were given, contributing to the greater good.
8. Profitability: We recognize that our business must be profitable to ensure that we are able to serve our future professionals but also to care for our families, our loved ones and ourselves. Profitability is critical in building our future and attracting and keeping our best people. We promise to share the fruits of our labor as we win as team.
9. Growth and Excellence: We understand that we live in an ever changing world and embrace the spirit of change and growth. Growth comes with the challenge of change however; we take pride in the professional quality of our work and have an uncompromising determination to achieve excellence in everything we undertake.
10. Fun. We are committed to having fun while we succeed; it’s important to laugh and celebrate! We continually develop a culture in which people truly enjoy their work, we create a stronger, more sustainable school with an unwavering commitment to excellence in all that we do.