10 Tips for Winter Hair Care
Winter is hard on your hair. Things like cold winds, rain, and ice can affect your hair. If you start a hair care regime when the seasons change, you can keep your hair looking good all year round.
Below are some tips to keep your hair looking glossy and moisturized in all types of weather.
Top Tips for Hair Care During Winter
- Winter can make hair drab and dull so spend some money on a good quality shampoo and conditioner for a healthy shine. After washing and using conditioner, give it a cold water rinse to seal in the conditioner making the hair shinier and easy to style.
- If your hair is already damaged from the sun and sea, it needs to be nourished. Apply a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Apply a hair mask treatment to your hair once a week.
- Moisturize hair once a week using hot oil treatments for a healthier scalp and for nourishment to the hair. Coconut oil and almond oil work very well.
- Cut hair during the winter months to get rid of split ends. Cutting split ends off every few weeks will promote healthy hair.
- Cold weather can make hair brittle and dry. Wear a head covering outdoors and add humidity to the indoors.
- To keep from getting frizzy hair during the winter months, tie your hair up or get a sporty hairstyle.
- If you use styling tools, use a quality leave-in conditioner to protect your hair, keeping it hydrated and glossy.
- Do not leave home with wet hair. The cold can freeze hair at the cuticle causing breakage.
- Try going for a new look and dye your hair a nice dark, warm color such as chocolate brown, plum, or mahogany. These colors are popular right now.
These are some great hair care tips that you can follow for healthier hair in the winter and all during the year. To learn more about how to care for hair professionally, in all seasons, visit Evergreen Beauty College’s cosmetology program.
Great tips! Another one is sleeping on a satin pillowcase, i got this from my aunt.