Is It Possible To Transfer A Cosmetology License?
Attending an accredited cosmetology school and receiving the certificate of achievement for cosmetology and getting a license is a defining moment in one’s life. But there may come a time where the need to transfer a cosmetology license to another state may be needed. There are certain stipulations that must be adhered too in order to have the license transferred and they should be looked into before moving into another state.
The Truth About Transferring A Cosmetology License
Dispelling the fear that if a person went to school in one state that they would not be able to carry that license into another state because of life circumstances is unfounded. It is possible and a lot of people have done it.
Steps To Take Before Moving to Another State
1. Before physically moving to another state, you must get all the records from the school that you attended. You will need proof of a current license and the number of hours attended at the school.
2. Contact the state board of cosmetology in the state you are going to move to.
3. Note the additional courses or the number of training hours that you will need in order to satisfy that particular state requirements for a cosmetology license.
4. Once all the pre-requisites for a license are satisfied then register for a state cosmetology exam to officially transfer your current license from another state to the state you will be working in. The exam has basically the same requirements so there will nothing new in content that will have to be answered.
5. It has to be understood that the procedures listed above are what needs to be followed. The criteria to transfer a license are different from state to state. Some states require another test to pass; others may require validation of a reciprocity form from the school that was attended. It is important to contact the Board of Cosmetology for the state that you intend to claim as a residence for these differences of requirements.
The Evergreen Beauty College Approach
If a person attends the Evergreen Beauty College in Washington and graduates with a cosmetology degree, there will be a support system for them. If a graduating student wants to transfer a cosmetology license to another state, you can rest assured that the counselors from the school will help guide you to the proper channels to get that task completed.