The Benefits of Microdermabrasion for Acne
If you are desperate to rejuvenate your skin after acne, you will find the benefits of microdermabrasion for acne far outweigh those of more painful and abrasive treatments, like laser or chemical peels. For someone who has been battling to get rid of the condition, it can be desperately discouraging to find unsightly scars covering your body and face. This non-invasive procedure will revitalize your skin, and leave you feeling toned and freshened.
What is Microdermabrasion Treatment for Acne
Microdermabrasion is a technique for removing the epidermis, which is the outermost layer of dead skin cells. Because this layer has no live cells, the procedure is virtually painless, and there is no skin damage.
- First, the professional uses a mechanical device, like a wand or pen, to blast a stream of aluminum oxide crystals on to the surface of the skin.
- The wand or pen device is then used to abrade the skin — that is, rub across the surface.
buy antabuse online no prescription
- A vacuum is used to suck out the dead skin cells and dirt that clog the pores.
- The crystals that have been sprayed on the skin are antibacterial, and can then work on killing the bacteria that caused the acne.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion for Acne?
There are a number of reasons why microdermabrasion is the most popular procedure for acne control.
- Unlike other treatments for acne, it uses no harsh chemicals and no needles, so it is virtually painless. There can sometimes be a rough feeling like a cat licking your face.
- Because it is painless, no anesthetic is required.
- The treatment is very quick — it can be done during your lunch hour.
- There is virtually no downtime or recovery time, meaning you can usually go straight back to work.
- The process brings about a dramatic improvement in the appearance and texture of the skin, as it stimulates collagen production, and increases the elasticity of the skin.
- It minimizes the appearance of enlarged pores from previous breakouts.
How Safe is Microdermabrasion?
Although microdermabrasion is generally safe, it is not for everyone — for instance, those with inflamed acne, or extra sensitive skin, should not use it. For this reason, it is better to avoid home treatment kits.
buy xifaxan online no prescription
Having the treatment done by professionals at is much safe.
There is no miracle cure for acne, but there are procedures that can control the condition. If you are a sufferer, consult a skin specialist for advice. You will find that the benefits of microdermabrasion for acne easily surpass those of the other options, in convenience, painlessness, and the improvement it brings to your skin.